Technology Management Council (TMC)
AAMI's Technology Management Council (TMC) is an advisory committee of healthcare technology management (HTM) thought leaders, working with AAMI's vice president of HTM to advance and support the field. This 26-member committee represents the interests of biomedical equipment technicians (BMETs), clinical engineers, and other HTM professionals. The TMC’s work is driven by AAMI’s strategic plan and the HTM Road Map developed by AAMI leadership.
Major priorities for the TMC are to strengthen and bolster the HTM field by finding creative ways to promote HTM careers to outside organizations, developing materials to highlight HTM as a desirable profession to students and young professionals, creating education programs to develop the existing workforce, and producing resources to promote best practices.
TMC Members agree to:
- Be an AAMI member.
- Attend quarterly committee meetings.
- Participate in one or more TMC subcommittees.
- Share news about AAMI and/or committee projects and deliverables with local HTM associations, their employer, and other interested parties.
- Deliver at least one presentation per year promoting the HTM field to today's youth.
- Contribute to the AAMIBlog or another AAMI publication at least once during their three-year term.