Accelerate your career at AAMI
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (“AAMI” or the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Senior Director, Standards
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to in assigned standards portfolio, including within the programs managed by their direct reports, resulting in high quality and consistent standards. This position also works closely with AAMI members, industry leaders, government representatives and subject matter experts (SMEs) across the field to develop standards and related products that solve challenges impacting multiple facets of the health technology/medical device industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the AAMI Standards Board (SB) and its associated activities, including but not limited to:
- Plan and execute meetings (in person and virtual) of the SB.
- Lead the annual or biannual co-chair rotation management.
- Consult with AAMI Standards staff on the development of new work item proposals (NWIPs) to ensure success at the Standards Board level; this includes reviewing forms and supporting documentation.
- Monitor the growth of all standards program areas and work collaboratively with the SB and across the department to address potential challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure that any strategic repositioning of the Standards Board and/or their responsibilities is communicated to the group and executed as envisioned by the head of the department.
- Participate in the development and ensure implementation of consistency and quality control processes across the department, including but not limited to:
- Develop plan and supporting process for conducting an annual AAMI self-audit in assigned standards portfolio.
- Ensure that proper outreach is being carried out as required by AAMI and ANSI.
- Ensure consistent high levels of data quality with regular analysis of the overall work in progress and publications as listed in the online standards platform to ensure that the information is current and accurate; this includes alignment with ANSI, ISO, and IEC records.
- Utilize the standards development platform to track document development, identify bottlenecks, and additional areas for development.
- Lead informational and internal training sessions with the entire Standards team to keep them apprised of changes to any policies and procedures that will affect the entire AAMI Standards program.
- Develop and lead department quality improvement activities and initiatives pertaining to standards development processes.
- Attend meetings/workshops (in person and virtually) led by ANSI/ISO/IEC to continuously stay apprised of changes in ANSI/ISO/IEC processes.
- Participate in the cross-training and onboarding of new staff as needed. Coordinate with Shared Services team lead to ensure that the work program is supported accordingly.
- Work closely with and provide oversight as appropriate to committees and working groups in the development of national (AAMI, ANSI) and international (ISO/IEC) standards ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Facilitate the maintenance, revision, and implementation of the AAMI TAG Procedures to IEC and ISO and related training materials (both internal and external).
- Represent AAMI, its policies and values to all stakeholders at committee, working group and other relevant meetings as appropriate.
- Responsible for tracking budget related to standards portfolio. Provide annual budget input as requested by head of department.
- Collaborate with staff in Production, Innovation, IT, Marketing, Communications, and Education on the ongoing status of standards to ensure the appropriate and timely coordination of the production, promotion, and marketing of standards and related or derivative products.
- Collaborate with membership in recruiting and retaining corporate members to achieve budgeted corporate membership revenue targets.
- Respond to written, electronic mail, and telephone inquiries regarding standards
- Develop and deliver internal and external communications, presentations, reports, articles, etc. as requested by VP or other AAMI staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have exceptional judgement and must be fair and impartial.
- Strong communication (both written and oral, to internal and external parties), leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations on subject matter within scope of responsibilities to internal and external parties.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously required.
- Experience managing volunteer committees within a membership organization highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience desired.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international standards systems is highly desirable.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Technologically savvy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 20%).
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Occasional travel and weekend/evening work required
- Currently working two days per week in the office and the remainder of the week remote until further notice
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
A needed addition to AAMI’s fast-paced and high-producing marketing and communications department, this position will collaborate with the marketing team to achieve consistent annual revenue for store sales, subscriptions, and advertising, as well as execute critical administrative and customer service responsibilities related to AAMI products. As the sales and marketing coordinator, you will support strategic efforts and initiatives for AAMI’s products catalog by assisting with market research, defining value propositions, content creation, sales enablement, communications and marketing; in addition to an administrative role as the primary point of contact with resellers, standards partner/governing entities, and our valued customers.
The sales and marketing coordinator will serve as the execution owner and the synchronizer of product management, sales, marketing, and services for AAMI’s library of renowned standards, resources, and the AAMI eSubscription service, which puts that library at our customers’ fingertips. This new position will provide support in developing and implementing marketing strategy roadmaps for digital advertising and sponsorships, publications, and subscription products, and have responsibility for sales and customer relationship management. An ideal candidate for this position will be energized by the prospect of developing the framework for this new position in partnership with the director of marketing and communications, as well as an interest in learning to have an active hand in the entire lifecycle of AAMI standards and publications, including their dissemination to the global medical device marketplace.
This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and growth of AAMI’s advertisement sales. AAMI is looking to leverage a dedicated staff resource coupled with our new publications platform, AAMI Array (July 2022 launch), to double our ad sales revenue in a three-year period. The sales process of AAMI advertisements, in conjunction with the promotion of publications-related sponsorship opportunities, will afford the opportunity to work closely with the sales and event sponsorship functions of AAMI’s education department.
As the coordinator of product sales through the AAMI Store, a Salesforce-based platform administered through our AMS, your responsibilities will include: building products with appropriate pricing in the store, contacting resellers to ensure the addition of the new publication to their catalogs, communicating with governing and partnering bodies about the release, collaborating with the Standards department to determine target audience(s), and collaborating with your immediate MarComm colleagues on developing value propositions, content marketing collateral, and multi-channel, multi-mode marketing and advertising strategies and supporting tactics to advance AAMI’s position as the primary source for medical device standards across the globe.
As the coordinator of the eSubscription product, this position will also have administrative and customer service responsibilities related to eSubs, including customer service support of the subscription transaction and platform access troubleshooting, as well as the collaborative development of custom packages for large enterprise subscriptions, and partnering with the membership team to present as needed.Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the publications team to get new resources into the AAMI Store and to market.
- Work with the media team on the management of ad placement in AAMI newsletters, website, and AAMI ARRAY.
- Develop and maintain a sales database and/or report set of advertising prospects and take intentional steps to expand the lead list; proactively prospecting within existing contact universe.
- Develop relationships with AAMI’s advertisers, serving as the key point of contact for ad sales, custom packages, and publications sponsorships. Follow up on leads generated by marketing tactics, monitor progress towards revenue goals, and serve as the primary driver of exceeding those goals.
- Lead the efforts of the marketing team to develop and execute fresh, impactful tactics for marketing AAMI standards, publications, and eSubs.
- Provide customer service support for the eSubscription platform to troubleshoot issues and ensure access.
- Take the esubscription customer from purchase to maintenance and renewal
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization, including partnering closely with the membership team, to pitch the value of AAMI to new potential corporate/institutional members/enterprise customers.
- Serve customer needs and execute production of watermarked custom print runs and digital editions of AAMI publications, including promoting volume discounts and customization options.
- BA/BS degree in relevant area of study preferred
- Two to five years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or related field; preference given to experience with scientific, medical, or health technology fields
- Experience with Salesforce or other AMS preferred
- High degree of motivation, including capacity to navigate competing priorities, exceptional time management skills, and the ability to learn while doing
- Excellent written communications skills
- Experience with creating and refining marketing messaging
- The ability to navigate systems and bring attention to detail to procedural functions
- Intrapersonal sales, deal-closing, and upselling skills
- Ability to thrive with a balanced team player/self-starter approach
- Association experience or comparable work experience preferred
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Partial remote work benefits may be available in certain circumstances
- Occasional travel and weekend/evening work required
The Marketing and Communications team at AAMI is seeking a skilled, talented, and experienced professional to support our fast-paced and high-output portfolio. The Sales and Marketing Coordinator has a unique portfolio of responsibilities across sales, marketing, and customer service functions. This role will be a best fit for an individual who thrives in an environment where no two days are the same, excels at juggling competing priorities, and is able to wear many sales and marketing functional hats with equal savvy. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in the health technology or other medical/scientific fields, as well as those with association/member organization experience. AAMI is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter Employment@aami.org by August 31, 2022 for priority consideration.