Equal Employment Opportunity Policies
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (“AAMI” or the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Veronica Spina, Sr. Human Resources Director at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For information on Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision click here.
Accelerate your career at AAMI
This position is responsible for leading marketing and communications at AAMI to support its mission and goals, drive up revenue, and increase brand awareness among members, customers, and key stakeholders. This position involves both strategic planning and hands-on daily execution of multiple marketing tasks.
Qualified candidates send resume to Employment@AAMI.org
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the marketing of AAMI’s and the AAMI Foundation’s portfolio of products and services (standards, non-standards products, courses, webinars, and other resources) by developing and executing a high-performance strategy.
- Working with VP of marketing and communications to determine effective packaging, pricing, and promotional strategies for AAMI products.
- Design strategic and tactical plans for ongoing content marketing/communications efforts for all distribution channels including email, web, blog, podcast, and social.
- Collaborate with the AAMI News Team on the creation and maintenance of an integrated marketing/communications calendar.
- Collaborate with the VP of marketing and communications to establish and execute long-term improvements and revisions of AAMI’s websites.
- Monitor KPIs from marketing, web, and social analytics.
- Meet or exceed annual product sales volume and revenue targets of more than $3 million. Drive sales of e-Subscriptions, AAMI’s digital platform for AAMI standards.
- Meet or exceed annual Education Department revenue targets of more than $6 million and manage an annual net budget of $1.5 million.
- Manage three direct reports, the marketing and communications manager, graphic designer, and sales and marketing coordinator.
- Oversee relationships with outside vendors and partners.
- Review all marketing content for clarity, accuracy, engagement, creativity, relevance, branding, and overall quality.
- Enforce and strengthen branding policies.
- Conduct research, data analysis, and other intelligence gathering to build a deep understanding of the marketplace, members, customers, channels, competitors, technologies, and industry standards.
- Develop and coordinate special AAMI marketing projects, marketing brochures, membership advertisements, special publications, and AAMI calendar.
- Maintain all of AAMI’s logos and work with vendors to monitor the web for copyright infringement.
- Plan and manage logistics for the AAMI presence on the expo floor at the AAMI Exchange
- Develop and track analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing techniques.
- Prepare budget for approval by the VP Marketing & Communications and monitor it throughout the year to ensure we are on target for revenue.
Responsibilities of All AAMI Employees
- Exemplifies AAMI’s Core Values: Commitment, Communication, Diversity & Inclusion, Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Performance
- Exemplifies AAMI’s key behavioral attributes: Customer Service Skills, Teamwork/Collaboration, Effective Communication, Adaptability/Flexibility, Time Management/Organization, and Initiative.
- Complies fully with all AAMI policies.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in communications or marketing required or a combination of a related degree and substantial relevant experience.
- Five+ years of experience in marketing or relevant roles, preferably dealing with healthcare technology topics.
- Experience designing and successfully executing complex marketing strategies for products, programs/events, and memberships/subscriptions.
- A track record of success in all aspects of digital marketing including social media (organic and paid), email marketing, video/multimedia, and Google ads. This should include evaluating marketing analytics to report out common metrics like ROI, cost per lead, and conversion rate.
- Excellent internal and external customer relationship skills. Ability to provide timely and accurate support and service to multiple internal stakeholders.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, Fonteva or similar association management software platforms, Pardot or similar email marketing and marketing automation tools, and project management tools such as Asana.
- Understanding of how to manage a departmental budget and analyze internal financial statements.
- Experience in direct mail/advertising creation and distribution
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and distill complex problems into an action plan.
- Experience establishing production schedules and adhering to deadlines and budget.
- Association experience desirable.
- Three years of experience successfully managing a team of at least 2 direct reports.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Hybrid work schedule; two days a week in the Arlington, VA office. Flexibility required.
- Occasional travel and weekend/evening work required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EEO is the Law -- AAMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer