Annex B – AAMI Antitrust Policy
ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF MEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation ("AAMI") and its Board of Directors are committed to the activities of the Association, including meetings held for the purpose of:
- Promoting the common interests of its members and the general welfare of the healthcare and patient communities through lawful activities.
- Performing, in a lawful manner, such civic, commercial, industrial, professional, and social events and activities to promote or foster the advancement of health technology.
- Preparing and disseminating among its members and others accurate and reliable information concerning the health technology community, including standards, other publications, education, and other services.
- Participating in international, foreign, and national standards activities to promote the welfare of the business, professional and patient care community.
- Participating in scientific, consensus and educational activities and other lawful endeavors for the advancement of the public’s and members’ interests.
However, AAMI recognizes that in the process of these lawful activities, opportunities may arise that could result in violations of antitrust laws. Violations of antitrust laws are serious, criminal, and civil violations, which are punishable by jail terms, fines and treble damage penalties. Therefore, all AAMI members and guests are reminded that AAMI meetings cannot be used, in violation of antitrust laws, to:
- Discuss pricing, pricing policies, or any marketing policy with an indirect effect on pricing.
- Confer about division or allocation of sales territories or customers.
- Establish blacklists or boycotts of suppliers, purchasers, or competitors.
- Coerce members or others to implement particular programs or policies.
- Resolve problems in an arbitrary or unreasonable manner or based solely on the needs of a single party or a small, select group.
If you believe a potential antitrust problem has arisen or is occurring during this meeting, please immediately contact the person(s) chairing the meeting or an AAMI staff person.
Approved June 2021 By the AAMI Board of Directors