Standards Development Award
Awarded to up to five people annually for major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific AAMI standard or international (ISO or IEC) standard under development by an international committee or subcommittee administered by AAMI, or for ongoing contribution(s) or service towards notable advances in standards development. Chairs of the originating committee for a standard are invited to consider nominating any major contributors to the efforts for recognition by AAMI. A public call for nominations also will be issued. Staff nominations (if any) are considered at the discretion of the selection committee. Selection is by the AAMI Standards Board. Awardees receive a plaque that is presented at the AAMI Annual Meeting or other appropriate meeting.
- Marked leadership and/or unusually productive service that has enhanced the prestige, standing or interests of, a particular AAMI-administered national or international technical committee(s).
- Outstanding contributions in the areas of research or testing, leading to new or revised standards.
- Development of an educational product or program or publication (book, article, blogs, etc) that benefits the work of an AAMI or ISO/IEC technical committee.
Nominations Must Include
- Completed and signed nomination form
- Three letters of support for the nominee that detail the individuals’ involvement and service.
- Letters should be thorough and persuasive.
- CV or Resume
Submit your nomination here. Deadline for submissions is
January 11, 2021 EXTENDED! January 18, 2021. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daniel J. Cooke, research and development senior fellow with Boston Scientific, for the significant energy and resources he dedicated to his work as co-chair of PC/WG 1 in developing a new comprehensive standard for implantable cardioverter defibrillators and transvenous leads for cardiac pacemakers.
- Theodore Heise, PhD, vice president of regulatory and clinical services at the MED Institute, and Dennis Jenke, PhD, chief executive scientist at Triad Scientific Solutions, co-chairs of BE 194/WG 14, for their tireless work over the past five years on a complete revision of ISO 10993-18:2020, Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 18: Chemical characterization of medical device materials within a risk management process.
- Changfu Wu, PhD, scientific reviewer for the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA, for his leadership and outstanding contributions to ISO/TC 150/SC 2/WG 1 in the revision and development of ANSI/AAMI/ISO 5840-1, 5840-2, 5840-3, and ISO 5910.