AAMI's HTM Leadership Award
About this Award:
This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- An extensive record of leadership and accomplishment in the healthcare technology management field.
- Significant contributions to an important issue or issues facing the profession.
- Leadership in promoting the positive attributes of the profession—for example, improving patient outcomes, reducing costs, and improving the use and impact of technology.
- Leadership and a professional commitment to the field by writing articles for industry publications, participating in committees, speaking at industry events, or contributing in other ways to the HTM community.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership in promoting the profession to the C-Suite, clinicians, prospective students, and other professionals in the healthcare field.
- Evidence of HTM leadership and excellence at the workplace through, for example, contributions to management improvements; patient care; cost savings, or improvements in the use or impact of technology.
- Leadership in national, state, or local HTM organizations.
- Involvement in a standards development process (such as AAMI, NFPA, JCR standards) or an individual’s own organization.
- Substantial contributions to AAMI.
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate’s achievements. The award includes a $1,000 check and a plaque to be presented at the AAMI Exchange.
2023 Award Winner
Bhaskar Iduri, CCE, CHTM, IT director of clinical engineering, Sharp HealthCare