AAMI HTM Association of the Year Award
2023 Award Winners
Colorado Association of Biomedical Equipment Technicians (CABMET)
CABMET is dedicated to providing professional development not only to its members but healthcare technology professionals globally. For many years, CABMET helped prepare HTM professionals across the globe to take their CBET, CRES, and CHTM certification tests. CABMET also provides educational opportunities throughout the year for its many members, and works with students to promote the HTM field.
CABMET is led by:
- President: Leticia Reynolds
- Vice President: Jake Urben
- Treasurer: Robert Smothers
- Secretary: Stephen Zeien
About the Award:
This award recognizes an AAMI healthcare technology management (HTM) association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings, as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM profession at the local level.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- One or more specific association activities that enhanced the HTM field on a local level (i.e. participation in a state-wide career fair or other forms of local outreach about the profession, creation of a scholarship program for a local HTM student)
- Proven commitment to the professional development of the association’s members via activities that provide advanced education, training, and networking opportunities
- Examples of association-wide commitment to the field through association officers writing articles for industry publications, participating in AAMI and other industry committees, and speaking at industry events
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Active Society/Association membership with AAMI
- Examples of leadership in promoting the profession to the C-suite, clinicians, and other professionals in the healthcare technology field
- A commitment to community service proven with examples of specific activities
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate society’s achievements. The award includes a local sponsored dinner for the association during AAMI HTM Week and a plaque to be presented at the AAMI Exchange.
The nomination period for 2024 awards will open in Fall 2023. For more information, contact email@example.com.