AAMI's Young Professional Award
About this Award:
This award is presented annually to a professional under the age of 40 who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Employment in the healthcare field of three years or more.
- A commitment to the advancement of the profession by writing articles, participating on professional committees, and/or speaking at industry events.
- A commitment to being a positive role model for the profession and peers.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Specific professional examples of leadership.
- Important personal traits such as integrity, professionalism, creativity, and leadership.
- Involvement with AAMI and/or other local or state organizations.
The award includes a $1,000 check and plaque to be presented at the AAMI Exchange.
2023 Award Winner
Katherine B. Navarro, CCE
Katherine B. Navarro, CCE, biomedical engineer, Office of Healthcare Technology Management (HTM), Veterans Health Administration