AAMI & GE Healthcare BMET of the Year Award
About this Award:
This award is given to a biomedical equipment technician (BMET) to recognize individual dedication, achievement, and excellence in the field of healthcare technology management.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Achievement and sustained excellence through specific contributions to the profession.
- Achievement of the ICC Certification: CBET, CRES, CLES, or CABT
- Employment in the HTM field for five years or more
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Current responsibilities associated with the role of technician/technologist
- Active participation and leadership in local, state, or national HTM organizations
- Contributions to share knowledge and experience through speaking engagements or authorship of articles related to HTM
- Resolution of an HTM challenge or problem in a patient care environment
- A role in special projects or studies that made a difference to the field
The award includes a $1,000 check and a plaque to be presented at the AAMI Exchange.
2023 Award Winner
Christopher M. Stringer, CBET
Christopher M. Stringer, CBET, supervisory biomedical equipment support specialist, Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center