AAMI and MedCrypt Cybersecurity Visionary Award
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the vision and leadership necessary to solve some of the industry’s most critical medical device cybersecurity challenges. This individual’s contributions will have moved the industry forward, leading to improvements in our collective cybersecurity posture while continuing to ensure patient safety.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Leadership by identifying the larger challenges and mapping out a path on how to address them.
- Strategic thinking and leadership among stakeholders in the medical device cybersecurity risk management space, combined with the ability to execute tactically on specific challenges.
- The ability to work across stakeholders and constituencies in government, care delivery, security research, academia, and manufacturers.
- Evidence provided through either:
- a body of work that reflects consistent and substantial contributions in reducing medical device cybersecurity risks, or
- breakthrough accomplishment(s) that substantially improve(s) critical aspects of the industry’s cybersecurity posture, or
- proposed solutions and blazed a way forward that led to reduction of the identified risks.
- Candidates should demonstrate:
- The ability to elevate the industry through research, education, publication, practice and/or mentorship
- Evidence of leadership in the development of medical device cybersecurity risk management standards, guidances, and best practices.
- Success within real world constraints and scaling of solutions that are implementable and lead to steady progress.
Nominators should include evidence of achievements that substantiate the candidate’s qualification as well as two letters of support. Thanks to the generous support of MedCrypt, this award includes a plaque and a $2,000 check to be presented at the AAMI Exchange.
The deadline for 2022 submissions has passed. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.