The AAMI Credentials Institute (ACI) awards certification credentials to healthcare technology professionals and entities in higher education, industry, and healthcare delivery.
As healthcare becomes more complex, certification is an assurance of competencies. It strengthens the public confidence in safer healthcare systems built by quality providers. Healthcare technology professionals seek certification as a way of demonstrating professional accomplishment, mastery of skills, and experience in core competencies to provide trustworthy performance.
Types of certification
The ACI maintains the following certification programs:
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technicians (CBET)
- Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialists (CLES)
- Certified Radiology Equipment Specialists (CRES)
- Certified Healthcare Technology Manager (CHTM)
- Certified Quality System Manager (CQSM)
- AAMI membership is not a prerequisite for certification.
- Achieving certification does not constitute AAMI membership.
- The ACI does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or physical disabilities.
AAMI Credentials Institute
4301 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 301
Professional Testing Corporation (PTC)1350 Broadway – 17th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Phone: +1 212-356-0660, or
PSI: +1 800-211-2754