The AAMI Credentials Institute (ACI) awards certification credentials to healthcare technology professionals in higher education, industry, and healthcare delivery. Over the years, AAMI has certified more than 8,800 healthcare technology professionals in close to 40 countries.
As healthcare becomes more complex, certification is one way to demonstrate and showcase competencies. It strengthens the public confidence in safer healthcare systems. Healthcare technology professionals seek certification as a way of demonstrating their accomplishments, mastery of skills, and experience in core competencies. Certification helps to highlight a professional's ability to provide quality and trustworthy service.
Certifications Available for HTM Professionals
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)®
- Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist (CLES)®
- Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES)®
- Certified Healthcare Technology Manager (CHTM)
Certifications Available for Industry Professionals
- Certified Industrial Sterilization Specialist (CISS) with specialties in Ethylene Oxide, Moist Heat, and Radiation
- Certified Quality System Manager (CQSM)
- AAMI membership is not a prerequisite for certification.
- Achieving certification does not constitute AAMI membership.
- ACI does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or physical disabilities.
- ACI understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, manages conflict of interest, and ensures the objectivity of its certification activities.
Grace Period for Recertification Submissions Now March 31
The ACI Board recently updated the recertification policy for all certified professionals. Beginning with all 2018 recertifications, the grace period for late recertification submissions is March 31. If recertification documents and/or renewal payments are not received by March 31 following the deadline, the certification will be revoked on April 1. In order to reactivate a certification that has been revoked, the candidate will need to successfully retake the exam. A $100 reactivation fee will be added to all recertification payments submitted between January 1 and March 31 of the year following the expiration.
AAMI Credentials Institute
4301 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 301