Michael J. Miller and HSEA Scholarship Application Information
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at an accredited college or university. Applicants must still be considered current students in June 2024 to be eligible for a Michael J. Miller Scholarship or an AAMI-HSEA Scholarship.
Step 2: Write an Essay
Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the healthcare technology profession. To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their evidence of academic excellence and the other skills mentioned above.
Step 3: Obtain Supporting Documents
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from professional contacts addressing work ethics, attitude, and potential contributions to the profession. Applicants must also submit their most recent transcript from an accredited college, or a high school transcript and documentation of college admission into the relevant program.
Step 4: Complete the Scholarship Application .
- Application for students studying to become biomedical equipment technicians, or health technology specific engineering, including clinical engineering.
- Application for individual studying to become a health systems engineer AAMI Foundation Scholarship (Health Systems Engineering)
- Short essay, 500-700 words (see application check list step 2)
- Most recent transcript (see application check list step 3)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional contacts (see application check list step 3)
- Use the online application forms as shown above.
Admission to an educational program can be pending at the time of application for the scholarship. To be considered for a Michael J. Miller Scholarship, applicants must submit all materials noted above by posted deadline.
Important Notes for Scholarship Applicants
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to provide proof of course registration before the check is granted.
- Recipients will be selected by the AAMI Awards Committee, whose decisions are final.
- Deliberations of the AAMI Awards committee are confidential.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing by May 1, or earlier. Scholarship recipients will be announced in AAMI publications, on AAMI’s website, and are invited to the AAMI Exchange.
- If the scholarship recipient drops out of college, is removed from college, or moves out of the program, the award recipient is required to return the award funding to the AAMI Foundation.
- Applicants are welcome to apply for both the AAMI Foundation and the HSEA scholarships but are only eligible to receive one scholarship per calendar year.
- Applicants are eligible to apply and receive a scholarship in successive years.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, age, handicap, or veteran status.
- By submitting a scholarship application, applicants are giving AAMI and the AAMI Foundation permission to distribute and/or publish any portion or the entire extent of the essay submission.