AAMI's HTM Leadership Award
This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- An extensive record of leadership and accomplishment in the healthcare technology management field.
- Significant contributions to an important issue or issues facing the profession.
- Leadership in promoting the positive attributes of the profession—for example, improving patient outcomes, reducing costs, and improving the use and impact of technology.
- Leadership and a professional commitment to the field by writing articles for industry publications, participating in committees, and speaking at industry events.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership in promoting the profession to the C-Suite, clinicians, prospective students, and other professionals in the healthcare field.
- Evidence of HTM leadership and excellence at the workplace through, for example, contributions to management improvements; patient care; cost savings, or improvements in the use or impact of technology.
- Leadership in national, state, or local HTM organizations.
- Involvement in a standards development process (such as AAMI, NFPA, JCR standards) or an individual’s own organization.
- Substantial contributions to AAMI.
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate’s achievements.
The award includes a $2,500 check and a plaque to be presented at the AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
The deadline for 2019 nominations has now passed. For more information on future nomination periods, contact email@example.com.
AAMI's HTM Leadership Award Winners
- 2019 - Heidi Horn
- 2018 – Jennifer Jackson
- 2017 – Matthew Baretich, CCE, PhD, PE
- 2016 – Stephen Grimes, FACCHE, FHIMSS, FAIMBE
- 2015 – Izabella Gieras, MS, MBA, CCE
- 2014 – Patrick K. Lynch
- 2013 – Karen Waninger, MBA, CBET
- 2012 – Arif Subhan, MS, CCE
- 2011 – Frank Painter, MS, CCE, FACCE
- 2010 – Binseng Wang, ScD, CCE, FAIMBE, FACCE
- 2009 – Carol Davis-Smith, CCE
- 2008 – Ken Maddock, BSEET
- 2007 – Larry Hertzler, CCE
- 2006 – Alan Lipschultz, CCE
- 2005 – Joseph F. Dyro, PhD, CCE
- 2004 – Ted Cohen, CCE
- 2003 – Eric Rosow
- 2002 – J. Tobey Clark, CCE
- 2001 – Malcolm G. Ridgway, PhD, CCE
- 2000 – Robert H. Stiefel, CCE
- 1998 – William Betts, CCE
- 1996 – Gailord Gordon, CCE
- 1995 – Michael Van Lysle
- 1994 – Larry Fennigkoh, CCE
- 1993 – James P. Keller
- 1992 – Alfred M. Dolan, CCE
- 1991 – Dwayne R. Westenskow, PhD
- 1990 – Emanuel Furst, PhD
- 1985 – Thomas J. Bauld, III
- 1984 – Jonathan Newell, PhD
- 1983 – Thomas S. Hargest, CCE
- 1980 – David J. Lubin, CCE
2019 Award Recipient
This year's recipient is Heidi Horn for her commitment to ensuring that HTM professionals not only add value to their organizations but are recognized for that value. During her tenure as the vice president of HTM at SSM Health, a Catholic, not-for-profit health system with 24 hospitals and 40,000 employees across four Midwestern states, Horn has transformed the 120-person HTM department from a traditional maintenance provider to the health system’s undisputed experts in all things related to clinical equipment.
Horn is an active volunteer leader in the HTM community, serving as a member of the AAMI Board of Directors and Technology Management Council Executive Committee, as well as chair and/or member of nearly a dozen other AAMI committees over the past 13 years. In addition, Horn has written numerous articles, presented at conferences, and participated in national initiatives impacting the HTM field, such as AAMI’s Future Forums, the FDA’s 2016 workshop on refurbishing, reconditioning, rebuilding, remarketing, remanufacturing, and servicing of medical devices, and the development of the Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance’s draft American National Standard for servicing of medical imaging devices.
For more information, contact MaryJane Thomas at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.