AAMI HTM Association of the Year Award
This award recognizes an AAMI healthcare technology management (HTM) association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings, as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM profession at the local level.
Candidate associations must demonstrate:
- One or more specific association activities that enhanced the HTM field on a local level (i.e. participation in a state-wide career fair or other forms of local outreach about the profession, creation of a scholarship program for a local HTM student)
- Proven commitment to the professional development of the association’s members via activities that provide advanced education, training, and networking opportunities
- Examples of association-wide commitment to the field through association officers writing articles for industry publications, participating in AAMI and other industry committees, and speaking at industry events
Candidate associations should demonstrate:
- Active Society/Association membership with AAMI
- Examples of leadership in promoting the profession to the C-suite, clinicians, and other professionals in the healthcare technology field
- A commitment to community service proven with examples of specific activities
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate society’s achievements.
The award includes a $1,500 check and a plaque to be presented at the 2019 AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
The deadline for 2019 nominations has now passed. For more information on future nomination periods, contact email@example.com.
2018 Award Recipient
Colorado Association of Biomedical Equipment Technicians (CABMET)
This year’s HTM Association of the Year, CABMET, exemplifies all qualities this award seeks to promote, including outstanding society operations and meetings, as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM field at a local level. Each year, CABMET hosts bimonthly educational meetings and a three-day symposium that provide continuing education on topics of interest to its members, including ultrasound repair and troubleshooting, sterilizer processes and quality assurance, leadership in the HTM field, alternative equipment maintenance programs, and IT security.
The association is a leader in preparing HTM professionals for AAMI Credentials Institute certification exams. By using remote-learning tools and collaborating with other HTM societies, CABMET has helped thousands of BMETs review for the CBET, CHTM, CRES, and CLES exams. CABMET also helps give back to the community through an annual work day to check and repair equipment in Project C.U.R.E.’s Denver warehouse, which will eventually be donated to low-resource countries. In addition, members of the association have participated in several career days at high schools throughout Colorado to promote the HTM field to the next generation of professionals.
For more information, contact MaryJane Thomas at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.