Where can I find more information on eligibility requirements, exam content, exam costs, application deadlines, testing windows, certification maintenance, and more for ACI certification?
- All facets of ACI’s certification programs are spelled out in detail in the ACI Certification Handbook.
How do I apply for an upcoming ACI exam?
- To sit for an ACI certification exam, you need to complete and submit an Exam Application Form. Submissions can be made via email, fax, or mail. All submission information is listed on the footer of each page of the application.
How can I check on the status of my ACI certification?
- All certified individuals are listed in the online ACI Certification Directory. If your name is not listed, it could be because your certification has expired and is no longer active. In this case, please contact an ACI representative at email@example.com.
How can I access the online journal?
- Currently, the online journal is in the final stages of development and will be launched later this year. Until then, please use the writable journal form.
What is the recertification process?
- You can find details on the recertificaiton process in the ACI Certification Handbook.
How can I get a copy of my receipt?
- All receipts can be downloaded directly from www.aami.org by logging in and clicking on 'Shop' in the upper right hand corner. From there, you'll want to click on 'View Previous Orders' to download a PDF of the receipt.
How can I study for the ACI certification exams?
- For each ACI exam, there is a complete content outline listed in the ACI Certification Handbook. In addition to the outline, a list of references is also available in the handbook for each exam. If you would like additional study materials, AAMI offers the BMET Study Guide for the BMET-related exams, and the CHTM Study Guide for the CHTM exam.
How can I upgrade my certification to Full status if I tested as a Candidate?
- If you were eligible to sit for the exam as a Candidate, and now have the necessary requirements needed for Full certification, you’ll need to complete and submit the Upgrade Application Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to do to retire my certification status?
- Whether you’re retiring from the field, or taking a leave of absence, in order to ensure that your ACI certification does not become revoked, you’ll need to complete and submit the Status Change Form via email to email@example.com.
If I have my certification, am I automatically an AAMI member?
- No. If you would like to become an AAMI member and enjoy a wide array of member benefits, you will need to apply for membership. Visit www.aami.org/membership to find out which membership category works best for you.
How do I obtain my AAMI Member ID number to receive my reduced member rate?
- You can find your AAMI ID number on your AAMI membership card, or by calling 1(800) 332-2264, ext. 1214 or emailing membership staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does it take to process my renewal after I submit my journal?
- Typically it takes 3-4 weeks for ACI to review a journal, process the fees, update a record, print the updated renewal card/letter, and mail it out. If you are submitting your journal within the last few days of December, however, it may take longer due to the heavy rate of submission at that time.
Can students take the certification exam?
- A student cannot sit for an ACI exam unless they already have the education or experience to be eligible under one of the paths of eligibility listed in the ACI Certification Handbook.
How many questions are on the exam and how many correct answers are required to pass the exam?
- The number of questions varies depending on the certification exam being taken. Please view the ACI Certification Handbook to find out how many question are on the exam that you are interested in.
If I have more than one certification, can I use one journal?
- If you have multiple certifications, you can include all of your CEUs (for each certification) on one single journal when it’s time for recertification.
What are my options if my certification has lapsed?
- Depending on how much time has passed since your certification has lapsed, you may still be able to pay your renewal fee and reactivation fee with a completed journal in order to recertify. If over a year has passed since your expiration date, you’ll need to retake the exam in order to reactivate your certification. Please contact ACI at email@example.com to see what your options are.