The AAMI Foundation Scholarship Program
Created in 2009, the scholarship program provides scholarships to students who are pursuing an education in healthcare technology management.
Two scholarships are awarded each year—one to a biomedical equipment technician student and another to a clinical engineering student. These scholarships provide a financial and professional boost to students who have demonstrated academic excellence, technical aptitude, and commitment to the healthcare technology management field.
AAMI Foundation Scholarship Links
Meet Past AAMI Scholarship Winners
- One on One with Sarah Brockway AAMI News March 2017
- Scholarship Program Helps Students Achieve HTM Dreams AAMI News June 2016
- Scholarship Students Are Making the Grade AAMI News June 2015
- Scholarship Winners Take Different Paths in Pursuing HTM Career AAMI News June 2014
- In Profile: Scholarship Winners AAMI News June 2013
- From Electrician to Radiology Equipment Technician AAMI News April 2013
Other Scholarships in the Field
There are many scholarship available in the field of biomedical engineering. Here are a few samples.
- Biomedical societies may offer scholarships. Take a look at those in your area and see if you qualify.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)—The NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Scholarships—support women pursuing ABET-accredited bachelor or graduate student programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science in the United States.
- University of Iowa, Biomedical Engineering—Each year scholarships are awarded to biomedical engineering students. Individuals, organizations, and various members of the B.M.E. industry donate the funds for these scholarship awards.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Engineering—BME scholarships are listed as Biomedical Engineering Scholarship and Ferraro Family Scholarship on the Scholarships@UW-Madison website.