Spirit of AAMI Award
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A commitment to AAMI, and the advancement of its mission and strategic goals.
- A long and exemplary record of volunteer AAMI service.
- Leadership in identifying and working with AAMI to resolve a challenge facing the field.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership on AAMI committees.
- A proven track record in helping to bring together diverse stakeholders to forge consensus and improve patient safety.
The award includes a $2,000 check and a plaque to be presented at the 2019 AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
The deadline for 2019 nominations has now passed. For more information on future nomination periods, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit of AAMI Award Winners
- 2019 - Paul W. Kelley, CBET
- 2018 – David Giarracco
- 2017 – Vickie Snyder
- 2016 – Larry W. Hertzler, MBA, CCE
- 2015 – Elliot B. Sloane, PhD, CCE, FHIMSS
- 2014 – Alan Lipschultz, CCE, PE, CSP
- 2013 – Pat Baird, MS, MBA
2019 Award Recipient
Paul W. Kelley
Paul Kelley has been selected to receive the Spirit of AAMI Award based on his outstanding contributions as an AAMI member and his numerous volunteer efforts within the association. For more than two decades, Kelley has exemplified what it is to be an AAMI volunteer leader through his professionalism, selfless commitment, and willingness to share his expertise.
Since joining AAMI in 1992, Kelley has contributed to several AAMI publications, given presentations at conferences and events, participated in the development of AAMI standards, been a member of the AAMI Foundation Board of Directors, and served on numerous committees, including the Awards Committee, Sustainability Committee, and Annual Conference Program Planning Committee. Kelley, who was AAMI & GE Healthcare's 2011 BMET of the Year, is currently vice chair of BMETs on the AAMI Board of Directors and chair of the Technology Management Council.
For more information, contact MaryJane Thomas at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.