November 6, 2019
Gavin Stern, email@example.com 703-647-2781
AAMI Seeks Board, Nominating Committee Candidates
AAMI is seeking nominees for several leadership and director positions on the AAMI Board of Directors and positions on the Board’s Nominating Committee. Individuals selected for Board posts attend two in-person meetings and two conference calls each year during their three-year term.
“Most Board members have served on AAMI committees and have contributed greatly with their time and personal resources,” said Steve Campbell, AAMI’s chief operating officer. “Committee participation not only shows a commitment to the organization—it also provides an opportunity to witness the effective leadership skills needed to serve on the AAMI Board.”
Other criteria used to identify AAMI leaders include:
- Credibility. All Board members are well known and respected in their professional communities.
- Leadership. Board members have strong leadership skills that have been demonstrated during substantial AAMI service and contributions.
- Interest. All Board members share a desire to advance healthcare technology.
- Experience. Selected individuals have served as leaders for other association boards or committees.
Board members also display attributes including:
- Strong decision-making skills
- A "big picture" perspective
To apply: Submit a completed leadership form by Dec. 27. A statement of interest and a curriculum vitae, should be uploaded through the online form.
The AAMI Nominating Committee will meet in early 2020 to review nominations.
AAMI (www.aami.org) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967. It is a diverse community of more than 8,000 healthcare technology professionals united by one important mission—supporting the healthcare community in the development, management, and use of safe and effective healthcare technology.