September 24, 2019
Gavin Stern, email@example.com 703-647-2781
AAMI Seeks Nominations for Awards Programs
Do you know a health technology innovator, safety advocate, or revolutionary? How about a standards leader or humanitarian?
You can make sure that health technology’s finest are recognized for their achievements by nominating them for an AAMI or AAMI Foundation award. Nominations are due Jan. 6.
“Health technology professionals are constantly working to advance the effectiveness of the field and overall patient safety. AAMI and the AAMI Foundation are pleased to recognize the best and brightest in the field though our awards program, honoring those leaders who are paving the way,” said MaryJane Thomas, director of membership development at AAMI. “I encourage you to nominate your colleagues who have inspired you with their innovation and dedication.”
The winners will receive a monetary prize, a plaque commemorating their achievements, and recognition at the AAMI Exchange, June 12–15 in New Orleans, LA.
There are several types of awards:
AAMI Awards recognize achievement in patient safety and healthcare technology management (HTM) leadership.
- AAMI & Becton Dickinson's Patient Safety Award recognizes outstanding achievements by healthcare professionals who have made a significant advancement toward the improvement of patient safety.
- AAMI’s HTM Leadership Award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the HTM profession.
- AAMI & GE Healthcare's BMET of the Year Award recognizes a biomedical equipment technician’s individual dedication, achievement, and excellence in the field of HTM.
- AAMI's Young Professional Award is presented annually to a professional, under the age of 35, who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession.
- The Spirit of AAMI Award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
- AAMI's HTM Association of the Year Award recognizes an HTM association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM profession at the local level.
AAMI Foundation Awards recognize an individual or group for a unique or significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety; humanitarian efforts to improve global human conditions with healthcare technology; or applied clinical engineering practices or principles to solve patient care problems or challenges.
- The AAMI Foundation's Laufman-Greatbatch Award is AAMI's most prestigious award. Named after two pioneers in the field—Harold Laufman, MD and Wilson Greatbatch, PhD—this highly regarded award honors an individual or group that has made a unique and significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety.
- The AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
- The AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care Clinical Solution Award honors a healthcare technology professional (individual or group) that has applied innovative clinical engineering practices or principles to solve one or more significant clinical patient care problems or challenges facing a patient population, community, or group.
- The AAMI Foundation & TRIMEDX John D. Hughes Iconoclast Award recognizes an individual who pushes the boundaries of the HTM professional and demonstrates individual excellence, achievement, and leadership.
Standards Awards honor major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a standard and to a technical committee.
- Standards Developer Award awards major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific standard.
- AAMI Technical Committee Award recognizes an AAMI technical committee’s outstanding efforts.
For more information about the AAMI Awards program or to submit a nomination, visit www.aami.org/awards and select the awards program link.
AAMI (www.aami.org) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967. It is a diverse community of more than 8,000 healthcare technology professionals united by one important mission—supporting the healthcare community in the development, management, and use of safe and effective healthcare technology.