Risk in Healthcare Technology: How Do You Manage It Effectively?
The rapid influx of increasingly complex and sophisticated technology poses many challenges for healthcare delivery organizations. In this environment, comprehensive risk management is essential for determining whether the benefits of a given product outweigh any potential risks to patients. In this issue, experts provide insight into critical areas of risk management, including dispelling myths and misunderstandings, best practices in applying terminology, and embracing new paradigms to identify, analyze, and control risks effectively.
View the Table of Contents.
AAMI thanks the following organizations for their support in promoting this edition of Horizons.
- American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE)
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Healthcare Technology Foundation (HTF)
- Integrating the Health Enterprise (IHE)
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Medical Device Innovation, Safety and Security Consortium (MIDSS)
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF)
The following links take you to unlocked articles from the most recent issue of Horizons: