2006 Hemodialysis Horizons
Hemodialysis Horizons is a special publication from AAMI intended to frame important issues affecting the hemodialysis field and to contribute to the safety of patients around the world.
This issue of Horizons was published before issues were available online. Click on each title to view article in PDF format. This issue is available for purchase in the AAMI Store
Click on each title to view the article in PDF format.
Issues Facing the Industry
- After the Storm: Hemodialysis Community Preparedness Lessens Gulf Coast Hurricane Impact
- Why is State-of-the-Art ESRD Technology Better Outside of the U.S.?
- It's Time to Look at Home Hemodialysis in a New Light
- Reimbursement for Hemodialysis
Research and Technology
- Hemodialysis Research Update
- The Current Status and Future Directions of Hemodialysis Machine Technology
- Pandemic ESRD Due to Diabetes: Can Anything Be Done?
- Sodium Bicarbonate Mixing Considerations
- Neglected Safety Aspects in Hemodialysis Machines and Their Related Problems
- Developing a QC/QA Program for Water Purification and Distribution
- High Quality Dialysate: Its Importance to the Dialysis Patient
- Changes to the Nephrology Nursing Standards of Practice and Guidelines for Care, 2005