Sterile Processing In Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Accreditation Surveys, 3rd edition
Now in its third edition, this publication is written as a guide to healthcare facilities seeking to comply with accrediting agency surveys (e.g. CMS, TJC, AAAASF) as they relate to the reprocessing of surgical instruments and other reusable medical devices in any healthcare setting.
This popular resource is filled with valuable tools for preparing for accreditation surveys and maintaining compliance with accreditation requirements. The book includes:
- Updated to reflect the 2017 revision of ANSI/AAMI ST79
- New to this third edition, best-practice audit tools for immediate-use steam sterilization (IUSS) and high-level disinfection (HLD), and an instrument integrity checklist
- Current TJC accreditation standards related to sterile processing
- Discussion on TJC's new SAFER matrix scoring methodology
- Information on multiple accreditation organizations and their most current requirements as they relate to sterile processing
- Information on the most current relevant evidence-based guidelines published by professional organizations—such as AAMI, AORN, and CDC.
- Information on CDC’s Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings
- An extensive bibliography, with multiple new references
Sterile Processing in Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Accreditation Surveys, 3rd Edition, includes information on policies and procedures, the creation of audit sheets, root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, tracer methodology, and much, much more.
Published: November 2017, 244 pages
|Product Code||Format||List Price||Member Price|