At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
January 11, 2019 – William Hyman: A Lesson in Instructions
Instructions that come with a medical device are intended to provide 'adequate directions for use' such that the device can be used safely and effectively. To meet that goal, instruction documents must have two key […]
December 26, 2018 – David Braeutigam: Cybersecurity Is the New Electrical Safety Concern for HTM
In the March 1971 issue of Good Housekeeping, Ralph Nader wrote an article about the risk of electrical shock caused by medical equipment in hospitals. Our industry responded by testing medical equipment for leakage current […]
December 14, 2018 – Matt Dummert: Thoughts on the FDA Servicing and Remanufacturing Workshop
I had the opportunity to attend this week's FDA public workshop, which focused on the distinction between medical device servicing and remanufacturing activities. I do not intend to cover all the specifics of the workshop […]