Experts Discuss Three Buzzworthy Topics During AAMI eXchange REWIRED
By: Brian Stallard
June 3, 2021
Categories: AAMI News, HTM Professionals, Medical Device Manufacturers
Are you registered for AAMI’s eXchange REWIRED event? The event will be leveraging a powerful app platform in order to deliver a unique experience complete with live Q&As, networking tools, and gamified opportunities to earn some swag. The REWIRED event also includes AAMI eXchange fan favorites, including a massive selection of education sessions (up to 25 ACI CEUs) and stacked expert roundtables!
For 2021, AAMI eXchange REWIRED’s roundtables, moderated by AAMI editor in chief Gavin Stern, will be focused on some particularly timely and buzzworthy topics to explore. We’ve laid out the full roundtable run-down for you below. Check it out:
Answering the Call: A Roundtable Discussion with the AAMI COVID Response Team
Thursday, June 10 from noon to 1pm ET.
Their work stretched across industries, disparate time zones, and the limits of human endurance. In this live roundtable discussion, hear from members of AAMI’s COVID Response Team, a diverse team of medical device manufacturers, clinicians and regulators who bound together to develop emergency guidance during the height of the pandemic. Learn how these longtime standards participants stepped up as volunteers, working tireless hours during their “day jobs” while also making the time to develop essential guidance for emergency use ventilators, remote monitoring devices, and more.
- Caitlin Brady, senior project engineer and respiratory lead engineer, Intertek
- Andrew Doering, principal standards engineer, Medtronic
- Colleen Elliott, director of standards, AAMI
- Julian Goldman, anesthesiologist, medical director of biomedical engineering, and director of the Medical Device Interoperability & Cybersecurity Program at the Mass General Brigham Health System.
- Michael Jaffe, PhD, consultant at Cardiorespiratory Consulting LLC
- Bob Kopotic, senior manager of clinical affairs for critical care, Edwards Lifesciences
- Cyndy Miller, senior global manager clinical marketing, Medtronic
- David Osborn, manager, international standards, Philips Medical Systems
Diversity in HTM Roundtable
Thursday, June 11 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
Every path in healthcare technology management is unique. In this roundtable discussion, we ask a diverse set of voices to share their experiences in the field and discuss how it can be more inclusive in the future.
- Reginald Burrus, HTM subject matter expert at Capitali
- Donna Marie Dyer, senior director, HTM at GE Healthcare
- Sheldon Freeman, regional director of operations at TRIMEDX
- Renee Gordon, clinical engineering intern at Baystate Health
- Colleen Haugen-Ortiz, HTM quality specialist at GE Healthcare
- Priyanka Upendra, AAMI Fellow and HTM leader
- Fernanda Zamudio, senior BMET at Tenet Health
New Frontiers in Cybersecurity: A Roundtable Discussion and Q&A
Friday, June 11 from noon to 1pm ET
Cybersecurity risks are one of the key threats of the next decade, one in which our reliance on connected systems is only expected to accelerate. In this live roundtable discussion, hear from health technology’s top cybersecurity experts, who are working at medical device manufacturers, in hospitals, and through standards development to fight today’s cyberbattles and prepare for tomorrow’s. You’ll learn about the latest trends, how hacker’s techniques are changing, and tips on what you can do to defend connected health systems.
- Tola Amusan, principal information security analyst, Mayo Clinic
- Cory Brennan, JD, Hall Render
- Kevin Fu, PhD, director of medical device cybersecurity, FDA
- Eric Henry, senior quality systems and compliance advisor, King & Spalding
- Michelle Jump, global regulatory advisor, medical device security, MedSec
- Ben Kokx, director of product security, Philips
- Michael McNeil, senior vice president, McKesson
- Axel Wirth, chief security strategist, MedCrypt