- Bright Ideas—Every issue of AAMI’s journal, BI&T, features a best practice case study selected by the TMC. And each year, one case study is recognized with the TMC’s Best Practices Award at AAMI’s Annual Conference.
- Sharing Best Practices—The AAMI website features best practices, policies, job descriptions, forms, and other resources so you don't have to recreate the wheel.
- Sample HTM Job Descriptions—A set of standardized, sample job descriptions is now available.
- AAMI Career Planning Handbook—Whether you want to grow in your current position or look for other career opportunities in healthcare technology management (HTM), AAMI’s new Career Planning Handbook helps you identify your goals and chart your path to advancement. The guide also helps you have meaningful conversations with your supervisor and/or other organizational leaders about your career objectives. A video is available here.
- Leadership Development Guide—AAMI has also published a companion piece for those who aspire to leadership positions. Managing other staff for the first time can be a daunting career move. AAMI’s new Leadership Development Guide offers guidance on how to grow the skills needed for leadership positions, such as communication and business acumen. It can be used as a navigation tool for your path into leadership.
- Core Competencies—The competencies and topics in this guide are relevant to BMETs entering the workforce; the topics reflect the knowledge and skills that BMETs are expected to perform successfully in entry level positions.
- Mentoring—AAMI’s mentorship program was launched in 2008 by AAMI’s Technology Management Council. The program pairs AAMI members who are looking for guidance in particular interest areas with those who have expertise on topics such as budgeting, dialysis, and equipment maintenance.
Joint Commission Guidance
- The Joint Commission Discussion Group—This online forum enables AAMI members to discuss Joint Commission-related issues, raise questions with colleagues, and obtain important TJC resources.
- Access to The Joint Commission—A top TJC expert attends AAMI's Annual Conference each year to brief attendees about the latest news from the TJC and answer questions.
Guidance for Local Biomedical Societies
- Online Resources—All biomedical societies can access a number of online resources developed by the TMC here.
- A How-To Guide—This complimentary online publication, entitled How to Establish and Formalize an HTM Association, is available here.
- COMPENDIUM: Medical Device Integration and Informatics—This compendium is intended to help bridge the subset of medical devices with information systems that are not yet adequately covered by broadly adopted standards.
Promoting the Field
- HTM Professionals Hit the Airwaves to Promote the Field —Five members of AAMI’s Technology Management Council (TMC) participated in radio interviews in markets around the country to help raise awareness for the healthcare technology management (HTM) field.
- C-Suite—Take advantage of these resources to strengthen your connection and advance your department and career.
- HTM Levels Guide—A free new resource for healthcare technology management (HTM) departments can help them “move forward” and make themselves even more valuable to their organizations.
- HTM Week—The TMC issues an annual proclamation to recognize biomedical equipment technicians, clinical engineers, and others who service and maintain medical technology.
- Strengthening Connections—Articles and advertisements have been published in other publications to strengthen the knowledge of other healthcare providers about the clinical engineering field.