Call for Abstracts & Health Technology Challenge
Submission Date Open: September 8, 2020
Submission Date Closing: October 30, 2020
The call for abstracts for the 4th ICEHTMC will be open through September and October. We will be continuing the Health Technology Challenge this year. This challenge is a contest of ideas, experiences and projects open to the whole healthcare community: biomedical and clinical engineers, healthcare structures, research centers, universities, and industry.
The Health Technology Challenge (HT Challenge) is an opportunity to share experiences and innovative solutions, that can inspire best practices in Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management, through the involvement of all the actors of the health system and the use of technologies in their widest sense. The HT Challenge intend the world “technology” in its broader sense, as per WHO definition, including medical devices, electromedical equipment, health processes, tools and any sort of organized knowledge that can be useful to improve healthcare services.
The HT Challenge is an opportunity to promote innovation by sharing experiences in the field. A place, physical and virtual, to explore and search ideas, experiences and partners. Through the HT Challenge the Scientific Committee will select the best works that will have space for an oral presentation during the parallel sessions of the Congress. Moreover, all selected works will have the opportunity to be presented in the form of a poster and there is also a student paper competition.
The parallel sessions of the Congress will be structured around these topics:
- Health Technology Assessment
- HTM (medical equipment management (local and national level)
- Digital Health (ICT, medical informatics, telehealth, AI/big data)
- Systems Management (health operations/project management)
- Quality & Safety (clinical risk management, patient/provider safety, quality of care & delivery)
- Innovation (device development, diagnostics & therapeutics, “reverse” innovation (LMIC)
- Home Care (technologies for home care)
- Policy & Regulation (international standards, regulations, and policy)
- Education & Credentialing (education, certification, training, application)
- Global (challenges, sustainable development, new normal, adaptation)
- COVID19 (disaster preparation, environmental / reuse (PPE, infection control community (APIS), supply chain, health facilities design)
- Marketing of CE Profession (engagement with global partners, communication & outreach)
You can submit your abstract by clicking the Submit Your Abstract button below—opening Tuesday, September 8. To submit to the Health Technology Challenge, you’ll need to submit an abstract (max 2500 characters, spaces included), as well as a short presentation (max 6 slides) using our downloadable template available on submission page 5. Each abstract will be assessed by independent reviewers from the Scientific Committee, who represent a wide range of experience and expertise in each specific topic area. A maximum of three abstracts by a single presenting author will be considered.Student Paper Competition
Among the contribution submitted for the HT Challenge, particular attention will be given to contributions submitted by students, and an additional evaluation will be done as a student paper competition. Students are in fact encouraged to participate in the HT Challenge. The submission system will give you the opportunity to tick a box to highlight that the main author is a student, if you are interested in participating to the competition. To be eligible for the Student Paper Competition the presenting author must be a student working towards their BSC, MSC or PhD degree, and less than 35 years old on the 1st day of the ICEHTMC, September 28, 2021.EVALUATIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND AWARDS
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated according to three criteria:
- Intrinsic quality: robustness of the text, clarity of exposition, methodological rigor
- Originality and innovation
- Applicability to healthcare structures, exportability to other contexts, scalability
- Admission to the HT Challenge
A technical jury will evaluate each of the works received for admission to the final stage of the HT Challenge with possible reassignment of the thematic area, where deemed necessary.
- Awarding of the prizes for each category and oral sessions presentation
The finalists will then be evaluated by the scientific committee, with specialist juries identified for each thematic area and composed by authoritative professionals in the specific sector, who will select the best works for each of the thematic areas, also selecting the winner for each category. The best works in each category can be presented orally during one of the scientific sessions of the conference.
- Awarding of the HT Challenge 2021 Winner
The three absolute best works, and the final winner of the HT Challenge 2021, will be selected through a balanced mix of the evaluations by the scientific committee (as in step 2) and a “popular voting” that will be open on the ICEHTMC website.
The works flagged for the student paper competition, will also be evaluated separately by the student paper competition committee and a special award will be dedicated to this category.
In addition to the possibility to give an oral presentation, the best works will be given an award during the Congress. The best works selected in the HT Challenge will also be invited to prepare a full paper to be published.In order for your submission to be considered:
- Abstract will not be accepted by fax, email or post; it must be submitted online through the abstract portal.
- Your e-mail address is the only method of correspondence regarding the status of your abstract, so please make sure it entered correctly.
- There is a maximum of three abstract submissions per presenting author.
- All contents of your submission (title, text, presentation) must be in English.
- Please enter the authors in the correct order, as this will be the order they will appear in all the published material. If you wish to change the order, log into the Submit Your Abstract portal through the button below.
- One of the authors must serve as the Presenting Author.
- Presenting Authors serve as primary contact and provide all required data. If selected to present, Presenting Authors must register for the Congress with completed payment in full.
- Note: The abstract site allows you to save your work until you are ready to submit.
You will need to click the link to create an account if this is your first time submitting an abstract the ICEHTMC 2021.
Once you create your account, you may access the site as often as you would like using the "username" and "password" you have created.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not your AAMI and/or IFMBE-CED login username/password or the username/password you may have created if you submitted a proposal for the AAMI Exchange 2021.
Submission window opens September 8, 2020.