Share Your Knowledge at AAMI Exchange 2021
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 21, 2020 11:59 p.m. ET
At this moment of reinvention, knowledge sharing is the key to evolution and advancement. Each of us have new lessons learned, connections to emerging innovations, and stories of triumph over challenges we could never have predicted. Please consider sharing your experiences and expertise with the AAMI community and be a part of driving the evolution of our profession.
Submit to Present at AAMI Exchange 2021Who Should Present?
With more than 2,800 attendees, the AAMI Exchange represents the entire health technology ecosystem, including: biomedical, clinical, and system engineers, biomedical equipment technicians, health technology managers, cybersecurity experts, hospital administrators and managers, risk managers, technology asset managers, regulatory professionals, government and military, and professionals with independent service organizations and shared service organizations.
New this year - We have updated our submission portal to make the submission process faster and easier!
Priority acceptance is given to submissions offering fresh takes on the following topics:
- 3D Printing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Career and Professional Development
- Emergency Preparedness
- Patient Safety
- Healthcare Technology Management (HTM)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Meeting Regulatory and Accreditation Requirements
- Telehealth/hospital at Home
- Virtual/Augmented Reality
Do you have to be an AAMI member to present?
Can teams or groups submit a proposal together?
Yes. You can submit as a group of up to four presenters. One member of each team should be designated as the primary contact and include their contact information. The other presenters should be listed in the field for “proposed additional presenters”
Do you have to present in person?
Yes. Remote presentations are not available at this time.
Does AAMI compensate for travel?
No. Travel, lodging, and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker. AAMI does provide a full complimentary conference registration.
Do I have to pay for my registration if I am accepted as a presenter?
No. AAMI will provide you with a full complementary conference registration.
When will I be notified if my proposal has been accepted?
Notifications will be emailed in October 2020.
All submissions are reviewed by members of AAMI's Exchange Program Committee. Reviewers will use the following criteria to select the most appropriate submissions for inclusion in AAMI Exchange 2021.
It’s important to remember that proposals will be reviewed only once and used in promotional conference materials. Therefore, it is essential that your submission—which serves to introduce the body of work or topic for presentation—is well-written, accurate, and meets the following criteria:
- Relevance to the health technology community. Topics must be relevant to the activities, initiatives, or direction of the health technology professional. AAMI offers a list of broad topic areas that you may consider for your presentation; however, your topic is not be limited to these areas.
- Timeliness and originality. Proposals will be evaluated on the timeliness and innovation of the program or service, and significance to the health technology professional.
- Educational presentation. All presentation proposals must be educational in nature. Proposals that are written in a manner that promotes a product, company, or service, will not be considered for acceptance.
- Educational formats. There are several educational formats available to accommodate a variety of teaching styles and learning preferences. AAMI strongly encourages speakers to provide opportunities for attendees to ask questions, discuss problems and solutions, and to interact informally with the faculty and with each other.
- Balance. Descriptions must be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the subject matter's background, purpose, and learning objectives.
Email the AAMI Exchange staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support on submitting your proposal, click on the Feedback and Support tab in the submission portal and click on the Feedback and Support tab on the right side to submit a request. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Time.