We Can’t Wait to See You at AAMI Exchange 2021
June 4–7, 2021 | Charlotte, NC
In times of crisis, our communities are a needed source of strength, solidarity, and rejuvenation—only together can we pave the way forward. The AAMI community will come together again next June at AAMI Exchange 2021, an opportunity to connect with colleagues new and old, share stories of how healthcare technology is evolving, to power emerging innovations, and to refine our norms as an industry to adapt to a changing world.
AAMI Exchange 2021 will be a new kind of conference experience, and we hope you’ll join us!
Thank you for supporting AAMI as we continue to plan AAMI Exchange 2021 through uncertain times. While we remain optimistic and would like to return safely to meeting in-person, the health and safety of all who attend is our top priority. As we explore what it will mean to hold an in-person event, AAMI will continue to place high importance on providing measures that will ensure optimal health and adhere to sanitary guidelines.
We are also exploring options to facilitate a hybrid meeting that includes in-person as well as virtual components, with contingency plans being made if the annual meeting must be held fully virtual.
We will continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic at both the global and local levels and follow recommendations from the local public health department, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Visit Charlotte Visitors and Convention Bureau, Charlotte Convention Center, Westin Charlotte, as well as the overflow hotels within the official Exchange hotel blocks.
Please see our resources below for additional information. Ongoing updates on the AAMI Exchange 2021 will be posted here, including a decision to hold the conference as an in-person event, a hybrid event or fully virtual.RESOURCES
Health and Safety Procedures from Visit Charlotte Convention & Visitors Bureau
Charlotte Convention Center
The Westin Charlotte Hotel
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Institutes of Health
World Health Organization
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
State of North Carolina
- Call for Session Proposals Launches - July 20
- Exhibitor Prospectus, Marketing and Sponsorship Opportunities available - July 20
- Proposal Submission Deadline - August 21
- Registration and Housing Opens - December 7
New To AAMI Exchange?
The AAMI Exchange is the premier health technology event bringing together the entire community of AAMI stakeholders—biomedical and clinical engineers, technicians, cybersecurity and sterilization experts, hospital administrators and managers, and the industry's leading service and solution providers. The AAMI Exchange provides a forum for broad conversations among these stakeholders on the ever-changing industry of medical technology.
Who Should Attend?
Our attendees include a wide variety of professional levels, and even students, working and learning in the health technology field. Our education sessions are led by recognized experts in their fields. We also hold sessions focused on entrepreneurs looking to launch new products or businesses. Decisionmakers and managers take advantage of our exhibitor engagement opportunities and network building events.
What to Expect
We promise to:
- Deliver new opportunities to exchange ideas, expand networks, and experience new technologies to empower professionals around the world—now and into the future.
- Engage attendees with innovative learning. The 2021 education program will deliver an immersive and interactive learning environment for professionals of all experience levels. The program will deliver tracks on cybersecurity, sterilization, global perspectives, HTM and more. The exhibit hall will showcase new and emerging products and technologies, an IoTXperience, and virtual reality theater. In addition, the networking events will facilitate relationship building and the sharing of best practices with peers from across the world.
- Confirm AAMI's focus on year-round excellence and reinvestment in the health technology profession in the form of professional development, certification, peer-to-peer communities, and development of standards, white papers, and best practices.
AAMI Exchange 2021 Program Committee
System Director, Clinical Engineering
3M Health Care
Director Global Standards
Jennifer DeFrancesco, CHTM
Systems Director of Clinical Engineering
Richard Schule, MBA, CST, FCS
Managing Director, Operations Synergy Health Northeast
Stephen Grimes, FACCE, FAIMBE, FHIMSS, AAMIF
Strategic Healthcare Technology Associates, LLC
Axel Wirth, CPHIMS, CISSP, HCISPP, AAMIF, FHIMSS
Chief Security Strategist
Senior, National Director Clinical Engineering
Donna Dyer, MS, BS, AS
Senior Director, Healthcare Technology Management
Ashley O'Mara, MS-CCE
VA New England Healthcare System
Chief Clinical Engineer
Deborah Bunn, BS, MS, CRCST, CIS, CHL, ACE
University of Maryland Medical Center
Central Sterile Processing Director
Malinda Elammari, CSPM, CSPDT, CFER, CSIS, CRCST, CIS
Duke Raleigh Hospital
SPD Educator and Quality Control Manager
Garland-Rhea Grisby, CFER, CSPDT
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Endoscope Service Manager
Email the AAMI Exchange staff at firstname.lastname@example.org