How you celebrate this national week is only limited by your imagination. Consider one of these creative efforts tested out by other colleagues.
- Ask your organization to announce Healthcare Technology Management Week on its intranet site or in other communications with staff.
- Hold a department outing at a baseball game, or host a family barbecue for HTM team members.
- Hold an open house to allow members of other departments to come see your work up close. Provide refreshments for them, along with some information about your department’s efforts and accomplishments.
- Send a letter from the head of your department or program to the CEO and/or other leaders of your organization announcing HTM Week. Include information about why your program is important to the organization’s mission.
- Hold a raffle among your organization’s staff in conjunction with the week.
- Invite your organization’s newspaper or newsletter to cover the week-long celebration.
- Display various pieces of medical technology at a booth for staff of other departments to see, and have technicians staff the booth and demonstrate how the equipment works.
- Arrange to give a presentation at a local school or career fair to discuss the healthcare technology management field.
- Participate in the annual best HTM Week contest.