First-Time & Student Attendees
Whether you are attending the conference for the first-time or a HTM student, it can be overwhelming. Rest assured, the AAMI eXchange is a friendly and welcoming community and we’re happy that you are joining us! To help you prepare, review the information below.
AAMI eXchange 2022 brings students, new professionals, and leaders together to learn about the latest innovations and advances in healthcare technology. No matter where you are in your career—AAMI eXchange 2022 is for you!
If you're a full-time student, your fee for the entire conference is just $100 if you register by April 1.
Tips to build your case and Justify Your Attendance can be found HERE.
There's a lot to pack into four days, so here are some highlights to help you plan your time in San Antonio.
What to Expect
AAMI strives to offer educational programming for all types of learners. Familiarize yourself with the different formats and the general conference schedule.
These receptions are designed to encourage networking among other attendees:
- Welcome Reception in the Expo Hall, Friday, June 3, 5:30–7:00 p.m.
- Happy Hour in the Expo Hall, Saturday, June 4, 4:00–5:00 p.m.
- AAMI Party, Saturday, June 4, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Closing Reception, Sunday, June 5, 6:00–8:00 p.m.
- Are you looking for a job or getting ready to look for one soon? Need career advice? Wish you knew more about what it takes to succeed as an HTM professional? Pick up some of AAMI's professional development resources.
- Interview with your next employer, find out where the jobs are and what skills companies are looking for, and get some sound career advice.
- Free headshots!
- Tip: Bring multiple copies of your resume and dress to impress.
- Open Saturday & Sunday
- More information can be found HERE.
There is a complete lineup of professional development sessions geared toward students and new professionals that will provide practical advice and tips. You can view the list of education sessions HERE and Main Stage Presenters HERE.
- With nearly 200 exhibitors, including many of the world's leading manufacturers and service providers, the Expo Hall is a is a great place to network and learn more about state-of-the-art health technology.
- Get a first-hand look at new medical devices or learn something new at the AAMI Spotlight education sessions held each day.
- Check out the list of exhibitors and the floorplan.
How to Prepare
Plan your Schedule and Download the App (app available the end of May)
The majority of attendees state they attend the AAMI eXchange for the educational opportunities. Select the sessions you want to attend ahead of time and mark them in the mobile app.
Come Prepared to Network
Bring your business cards and come prepared to meet your fellow credentialing professionals during educational sessions, meals in the Expo Hall, and networking events.
Know that you are not alone! Approximately 30% of attendees are first-timers too.
Make Time for Yourself
We all know conferences can be tiring. Make sure to schedule some down time for yourself to take a break and recharge!