Health and Safety
While AAMI encourages all individuals to be fully vaccinated prior to attending the event, proof vaccination will not be required. AAMI supports and encourages attendees, speakers, and exhibitors that wish to wear a mask to do so, but at this time, they are not required.
AAMI reserves the right to require masks if circumstances change. We will have masks available at the event.
All Attendees, Exhibitors, Speakers, and Staff Should:
- Not attend the AAMI eXchange if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands.
- Engage in responsible health and safety practices while attending the AAMI eXchange.
AAMI recommends all attendees, exhibitors and staff comply with travel guidelines issued by the CDC when traveling to San Antonio, Texas.
The Convention Center has received recertification for the Global BioRisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Accreditation. GBAC is a division of International Supply and Sanitary Association (ISSA), the worldwide cleaning association. This accreditation program assesses cleaning and disinfection practices and infectious-disease prevention. GBAC is an accreditation created for outbreak prevention, response and recovery establishing requirements to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as the virus that causes COVID.
Protocols in Place at the Convention Center:
- All staff and contractors were trained on COVID-19 sanitation procedures. Contractors receive updated information regarding new processes and procedures for consistent operations as necessary.
- UV Lighting was installed on escalators and continually sanitizes handrails.
- The frequency of sanitizing was increased in all front and back of house spaces with an emphasis on high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes are located throughout the facility.
- Cleaning products are on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved list for use against COVID-19 and staff follow product instructions.
- Our UV Light Robot is used to effectively disinfect areas.
- Doors may be propped open in some areas to minimize contact.
Retrofit of Building
- Touchless items were installed including auto flush valves, touchless faucets, forearm door pulls, and light/power sensors.
- Automatic entry doors were also installed at our Main Lobby entrance.
- Plexi-glass/physical barriers may be present in selected areas.
- Our facilities’ air handler units currently operate at the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) recommendation of 4-6 air exchanges per hour to dilute contaminates. We meet or exceed this standard in all areas.
- Additional processes implemented to improve our indoor air quality steps include use of MERV 13 & 15 higher performing air handler unit filters throughout the facility, adjusted the dampers on our HVAC systems to bring in more outside air, increased unit run times when the facility is occupied and ensure scheduled maintenance is performed on time resulting in additional fresh and filtered air within the facility.