The Kilmer Fund Application
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
The AAMI Foundation, through its Kilmer Fund Committee, awards academic scholarships to individuals pursuing a profession in the area of microbiological quality and sterility assurance. Individuals might be pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in industrial microbiology, pharmacy, engineering (chemical, packaging, electrical, mechanical or biomedical), physics, or related fields.
Applicants may include:
- Undergraduates at the latter stage of their degree with a specific interest in areas of microbiological quality and sterility assurance.
- Undergraduates with an interest in getting direct work experience in industrial practice.
- Postgraduates pursuing courses or research in areas of microbiological quality and sterility assurance.
Awards can include fees, travel, accommodation, and conference attendance. Conference attendance needs to include a presentation (poster or oral) by the applicant. Awards can be granted up to $5,000 each.
It is the policy and practice of the AAMI Foundation and its scholarship fund to treat all applicants for scholarships with dignity and respect and to provide equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to color, race, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy covers all scholarship award actions, including distribution of applications, selection process and continuance of scholarship funding. The AAMI Foundation encourages all interested parties to apply for its scholarship awards.
How to Apply
The deadline for 2022 applications are due on February 25, 2022. AAMI membership is not required to submit a scholarship application. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
Applicants must be entering or current college students seeking a career in microbiological quality and sterility assurance at an accredited college or university. Applicants must still be considered current students as of June 2022 to be eligible.
Step 2: Write an Essay
Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the profession. To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their skills mentioned above.
Step 3: Obtain Supporting Documents
Applicants must submit their most recent transcript from an accredited college, or a high school transcript, and documentation of college admission into the relevant program.
Step 4: Complete the Scholarship Application
Applicants must complete and submit the online application form. The deadline is February 25, 2022.
Admission to an educational program can be pending at the time of application for the scholarship. To be considered for the Kilmer Scholarship, applicants must submit all materials noted above by February 25, 2022 to:
Attn: Steve Campbell
901 N. Glebe Rd., Ste 300
Arlington, VA 22203
Important Notes for Scholarship Applicants
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to provide proof of course registration before funds are granted.
- Recipients will be selected by the Kilmer Fund Committee whose decisions are final. Deliberations are confidential.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced in AAMI publications, on AAMI’s website, and are invited to the AAMI Exchange.
- If the scholarship recipient drops out of college, is removed from college, or moves out of the program, the award recipient is required to return any unused portion of the award funding to the AAMI Foundation.
- Applicants are eligible to apply and receive a scholarship in successive years.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, age, handicap, or veteran status.
- By submitting a scholarship application, applicants are giving AAMI and the AAMI Foundation permission to distribute and/or publish any portion or the entire extent of the essay submission.