Ready to Present?
Step 1Book at Official AAMI Exchange Hotel
Complete by May 8
Step 2Complimentary Registration for AAMI Exchange 2019
Complete by March 20
Speakers are responsible for booking their hotel and any related expenses to attend the conference. We encourage you to book within the AAMI Exchange room blocks as we have worked out special discounts rates with several Cleveland hotels. When you book in the AAMI Exchange block you also help us negotiate even better rates for future conferences. To receive the special conference rate, book your hotel no later than May 8.
For more details and to book your hotel online click HERE.
In appreciation of your time and professional commitment in being an AAMI Exchange 2019 speaker, we will provide you with a complimentary registration for the full conference. When registering online, select the “Speaker Full Conference Registration $0.00” box by March 20. If you have already registered and need a refund, contact Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details and to register online click HERE.
Speakers are responsible for booking their own travel and any related expenses to attend the conference.
Speaker Release Form (mandatory)
Complete and submit your speaker release form HERE by March 29.
This will be uploaded into the conference mobile app. Email your high-resolution (300 dpi or higher) to Fred Moxley at email@example.com by March 29.
Final PowerPoint presentations are due by May 3.
AAMI Exchange 2019 PowerPoint Template (4:3 Format): Speakers are encouraged to use the template, but you are REQUIRED to use the template for your title slide. Download the template HERE.
Ready to Submit? Email your presentation to Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a file is too large, please email for additional options. Prior to the conference, your presentation will be converted to a pdf file and uploaded to the conference mobile app and AAMI University where attendees will be able to access it.
All presentations will be subject to review. Presentation would only be sent back for edits should there be an apparent conflict of interest or sessions appear promotional of a product or service.
- Video Clips/Audio: If you plan to use video or audio, please provide us with a copy so that we can test it prior to the conference. We can run files that use QuickTime or Window Media Player software only. Also, please notify Fred Moxley at email@example.com so he can order an audio connection for the laptop in your session room.
- Information for your PowerPoint Presentation: It is preferred that you use the provided slide template (you are REQUIRED to use the template for your title slide), but we understand that you may have a company/institutional template already prepared. For consistency, please use the conference title slide at minimum. If you prefer to use the AAMI template and require assistance transferring slides to a new template please feel free to reach out to me. Presentations will be posted in advance in our online library for registered attendees.
- Opening Slides should contain the following:
- Presentation Title – You are REQUIRED to use the template for your title slide
- Name, Title, Affiliation
- Learning objectives
- What to include that will help attendees/What to keep in mind:
- Applicable charts, tables or graphs
- Current references to support the overall presentation. Utilization of the current literature to support the data/information being presented should be apparent throughout the presentation, i.e. references should be included on the slides.
- Be sure you have permission before using copyrighted or proprietary information
- Many sessions contain several speakers. In order to ensure each speaker has adequate time to cover their information, please limit your content. For example, if you are giving a 20-minute talk, your material should include no more than 36–40 slides.
- Handouts: If you plan to use handouts, email it to Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be uploaded into the conference mobile app.
What’s Expected of You and Preparation
Please be sure you understand what is expected of you — the general scope/educational level of the session and the topic covered by you, the topics covered by the other speakers, the duration of your individual presentation, and the sequence of speakers. Please work with your fellow speakers to be sure everyone is on the same page.
- ALL speakers are REQUIRED to submit final presentation slides by the deadline May 3. All presentations are made available to attendees through the conference mobile app and AAMI University.
- Speakers are encouraged to think out of the box about creative ways to help ensure the participants have an understanding of the information presented that they can return home with and begin using. If presenting a problem, make sure you present a solution.
- Rehearse your presentation! Feel free to move around the stage to engage the audience.
- Although there is much information to cover and you are passionate about your presentation, please do not go beyond your allotted time.
- Be transparent. State any relevant disclosures before beginning your presentation. All recommendations for practice are evidence‐based. Presentations provide a balanced view options. Generic product names should always be used — this is an opportunity to educate, not sell.
What to Expect On-Site
- PRESENTATION: Presentations will be pre-loaded in your session room (and the mobile app). You should also bring a copy of your final presentation with you on a flash drive in case of last-minute changes or technical difficulties (AAMI staff will have thumb-drives with your latest submitted version).
- ARRIVE AT SESSION: Please arrive at your breakout session no later than 15-minutes before your start time.
- BADGE: When you arrive at the Huntington Convention Center, please check-in at any registration desk to pick up your materials and pick out your ribbons. Express check-in will be available starting on Friday, June 7.
- AUDIO VISUAL: The following equipment is provided in each breakout room: (1) PC laptop computer (see below), (1) LCD projector, (1) screen, (1) wireless slide advancer, (1) laser pointer, audio cord to play sound/video, (1) lectern mic, (1) wireless table mic.
- VIDEO CLIPS/AUDIO: If you plan to use video or audio, please provide us with a copy so that we can test it prior to the conference. We can run files that use QuickTime or Window Media Player software only. Also, please notify Fred Moxley at email@example.com so he can order an audio connection for the laptop in your session room.
- COMPUTERS: The laptops available onsite will only support the Windows platform. Mac users (if not using pc-compatible PowerPoint, or platforms like Prezzi) should bring their own laptop and any additional attachments required (i.e. dongle) to be connected to A/V.
- ROOM SET: Each room will be set-up with: lectern, head table set for 2–4 people, flipchart/whiteboard, theater seating (unless you are doing a small group collaboration/roundtable).
- ROOM MONITOR: Each breakout session will have an AAMI Staff Room Monitor.
- RECORDINGS: We will contact those individual who sessions will be recorded.
- DRESS CODE: All AAMI Exchange 2019 events are business casual.
- FIRE CODES: In many cases, sessions show near seating capacity based on attendees’ agendas. A Fire Marshall will be onsite and might be checking rooms for any potential hazards to ensure the safety of all the attendees. Prior to starting your presentation, please ask any attendees standing to find a seat to avoid any fire code issues.
Speaker Social Media Toolkit
Learn more about the Toolkit HERE.
Questions or Need Help?
Fred Moxley, AAMI’s Sr. Meetings Manager, will be your main contact if you should have any questions about your session or the conference. He can be reached by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 703-253-8270. His work hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET.