Attending a conference for the first time can be overwhelming. Rest assured, the AAMI Exchange is a friendly and welcoming community and we’re happy that you are joining us! To help you prepare, review the information below.
What to Expect
- AAMI strives to offer educational programming for all types of learners. Familiarize yourself with the different formats and the general conference schedule.
We encourage you to attend the New Attendee Reception Friday, June 12 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. This reception is designed to encourage networking among other first-time attendees and provide an opportunity for you to meet AAMI’s volunteer leaders and key staff. This is an invitation-only event for first-time attendees.
We also encourage you to attend these other events:
- Next Gen Reception, Friday, June 12, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Welcome Reception in the Expo Hall, Friday, June 12, 5:30–7:00 pm
- Happy Hour in the Expo Hall, Saturday, June 12, 4:00–5:00 pm-Sponsored by Avante Health Solutions
- AAMI's Awards Celebration, Saturday, June 13, 6:00–7:30 pm
- AAMI 3rd Annual Fun Run & Walk, Sunday, June 14, 6:00–7:00 am
- AAMI's Appreciation Reception, Sunday, June 14, 6:00–8:00 pm
How to Prepare
Plan your Schedule and Download the App (app available the end of May)
- The majority of attendees state they attend the AAMI Exchange for the educational opportunities. Select the sessions you want to attend ahead of time and mark them in the mobile app.
Come Prepared to Network
- Bring your business cards and come prepared to meet your fellow credentialing professionals during educational sessions, meals in the Expo Hall, and networking events.
- Consider volunteering. This provides a structured way to meet other attendees.
- Know that you are not alone! Approximately 30% of attendees are first-timers too.
Make Time for Yourself
- We all know conferences can be tiring. Make sure to schedule some down time for yourself. Take advantage of AAMI's Lounge to take a break and recharge!