First-Time Attendees: You're Not Alone
Attending a conference for the first time can be overwhelming. Rest assured, the AAMI Exchange is a friendly and welcoming community and we’re happy that you are joining us!
What to Expect
AAMI strives to offer educational programming for all types of learners. Familiarize yourself with the different formats and the general conference schedule.
We encourage you to attend the New Attendee Reception Friday, June 7 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. This reception is designed to encourage networking among other first-time attendees and provide an opportunity for you to meet AAMI’s volunteer leaders and key staff. This is an invitation-only event for first-time attendees.
We also encourage you to attend these other events:
- Student Reception, Friday, June 7, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Welcome Reception in the Expo Hall, Friday, June 7, 5:30–7:00 pm
- Happy Hour in the Expo Hall, Saturday, June 8, 4:00–5:00 pm-Sponsored by Avante Health Solutions
- AAMI 2nd Annual Fun Run & Walk, Sunday, June 9, 6:00–7:00 am
- AAMI Appreciation Reception, Sunday, June 9, 7:00–9:00 pm-Sponsored by Steris
How to Prepare
Plan your Schedule and Download the App
- The majority of attendees state they attend the AAMI Exchange for the educational opportunities. Select the sessions you want to attend ahead of time and mark them in the mobile app. (Mobile App information will be shared a month ahead of the conference.)
Come Prepared to Network
- Bring your business cards and come prepared to meet your fellow credentialing professionals during educational sessions, meals in the Expo Hall, and networking events.
- Consider volunteering. This provides a structured way to meet other attendees.
- Know that you are not alone! Approximately 30% of attendees are first-timers too.
Make Time for Yourself
We all know conferences can be tiring. Make sure to schedule some down time for yourself. Take advantage of AAMI's Lounge to take a break and recharge!