Library: Clinical Alarms
- Clinical Alarm Management Compendium, 2015
- Alarm Parameter Inventory
- VHA Patient Safety Assessment Tool (PSAT), 9/6/2013
- Alarm Summit Publication, 2011
- Alarm System Vocabulary according to industry accepted standards; IEC 60601-1:2006+A1:2012
- Taming the Alarm Problem, Lane Desborough, Medtronic Diabetes
News from AAMI and the AAMI Foundation
- Framework for Alarm Management Process Maturity BI&T May/June 2016, 165-179
- Case Study: Reducing Interruption Fatigue through Improved Alarm Support BI&T March/April 2016, 109-113
- AAMI Podcast, Episode 17: Clinical Alarm Management February 2016
- Healthcare Alarm Safety—What We Can Learn from Military Alarm Management Strategies BI&T May/June 2014 180-184
- Cvach, Maria, MS, RN, Monitor Alarm Fatigue: An Integrative Review BI&T July/August 2012, 268-277
Alarm Quick Links
Clinical Alarms Summit, 2011 — 300 stakeholders from various backgrounds, came together to address the hazard and frustration of alarm “noise” in healthcare facilities.
National Coalition for Alarm Management Safety — This coalition brings together stakeholders to share what they have learned, build synergies, and create common ground where default parameters should be set, and on other strategies to improve alarm management.
National Coalition for Alarm Management Safety: Patient Safety Seminars — Includes slides, meeting recordings, and future meetings.
Safety Innovation Series: Clinical Alarm Management — A collection of white papers and case studies from the AAMI Foundation.