About the HTM Field
Healthcare technology management (HTM) is the name of the professional field responsible for managing the selection, maintenance, and safe and effective use of medical equipment and systems. This field includes biomedical equipment technicians (BMETs), clinical engineers, imaging equipment specialists, laboratory equipment specialists, and others who protect patient safety and reduce healthcare costs related to technology.
Why a career in the HTM field?
- Offers job stability and growth potential with jobs growing in the double digits in the next 10 years!
- Enables you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others
- Brings you to the cutting edge of new technology
- Leverages your technical and problem-solving skills
- Provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits
HTM professionals make a difference!
- Plan, select, manage, and repair medical devices and technologies
- Ensure a high standard of performance of medical devices and systems through preventive and corrective maintenance
- Provide clinical staff with on-call technical assistance and training
- Help healthcare facilities provide safe, cost-effective healthcare technologies that improve clinical outcomes.
Take a look at these Job Summaries.