2011 AAMI / FDA Medical Device Reprocessing Summit
The AAMI/FDA Medical Device Reprocessing Summit took place on October 11-12, 2011 in Silver Spring, MD.
This event addressed challenges highlighted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the reprocessing of reusable medial devices.
Building from the FDA's public meeting of June 8-9, 2011, leaders from industry, regulatory bodies, and associations; clinicians from health institutions; subject experts, patient safety officers; researchers; and other gathered to identify, discuss, and formulate strategic initiatives and priorities to improve the safe reprocessing of reusable medical devices.
- Reprocessing Summit Publication
- Presentations from the Medical Device Reprocessing Summit, October 11-12, 2011
- Priorities Identified at the Reprocessing Summit
- Complete Reprocessing Summit Summary Notes
- Hospital Infection Control Survey Tool (DRAFT - Developed by CMS and QCSC)
- Materials from the June 8-9 FDA Public Workshop on Reprocessing Reusable Medical Devices
- Probing the Challenges of Endoscopes BI&T, May/June 2011
- Supporting Organizations
- Healthcare Technology Safety Institute: Reprocessing