AAMI's HTM Leadership Award
This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- An extensive record of leadership and accomplishment in the healthcare technology management field.
- Significant contributions to an important issue or issues facing the profession.
- Leadership in promoting the positive attributes of the profession—for example, improving patient outcomes, reducing costs, and improving the use and impact of technology.
- Leadership and a professional commitment to the field by writing articles for industry publications, participating in committees, and speaking at industry events.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership in promoting the profession to the C-Suite, clinicians, prospective students, and other professionals in the healthcare field.
- Evidence of HTM leadership and excellence at the workplace through, for example, contributions to management improvements; patient care; cost savings, or improvements in the use or impact of technology.
- Leadership in national, state, or local HTM organizations.
- Involvement in a standards development process (such as AAMI, NFPA, JCR standards) or an individual’s own organization.
- Substantial contributions to AAMI.
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate’s achievements.
The award includes a $2,500 check and a plaque to be presented at the AAMI Annual Conference & Expo in Long Beach, CA.
AAMI's HTM Leadership Award Winners
- 2017 – Matthew Baretich, CCE, PhD, PE
- 2016 – Stephen Grimes, FACCHE, FHIMSS, FAIMBE
- 2015 – Izabella Gieras, MS, MBA, CCE
- 2014 – Patrick K. Lynch
- 2013 – Karen Waninger, MBA, CBET
- 2012 – Arif Subhan, MS, CCE
- 2011 – Frank Painter, MS, CCE, FACCE
- 2010 – Binseng Wang, ScD, CCE, FAIMBE, FACCE
- 2009 – Carol Davis-Smith, CCE
- 2008 – Ken Maddock, BSEET
- 2007 – Larry Hertzler, CCE
- 2006 – Alan Lipschultz, CCE
- 2005 – Joseph F. Dyro, PhD, CCE
- 2004 – Ted Cohen, CCE
- 2003 – Eric Rosow
- 2002 – J. Tobey Clark, CCE
- 2001 – Malcolm G. Ridgway, PhD, CCE
- 2000 – Robert H. Stiefel, CCE
- 1998 – William Betts, CCE
- 1996 – Gailord Gordon, CCE
- 1995 – Michael Van Lysle
- 1994 – Larry Fennigkoh, CCE
- 1993 – James P. Keller
- 1992 – Alfred M. Dolan, CCE
- 1991 – Dwayne R. Westenskow, PhD
- 1990 – Emanuel Furst, PhD
- 1985 – Thomas J. Bauld, III
- 1984 – Jonathan Newell, PhD
- 1983 – Thomas S. Hargest, CCE
- 1980 – David J. Lubin, CCE
2017 Award Recipient
Matthew Baretich, CCE, PhD, PE
Make your nomination for 2018 using the online nomination form. The deadline for nominations is January 31, 2018.
For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.