AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award
This award—honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Active participation in meaningful worldwide healthcare technology related projects for at least three or more years.
- A leading role in planning or implementing healthcare technology, international outreach or educational programs.
- Volunteerism and altruistic components associated with these international projects.
- Outstanding qualities as a positive role model, and a passion and dedication whether through work-related humanitarian efforts or through “extra-curricular activities” as exemplified by Robert Morris.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- An impact on quality, accessibility, efficacy, and/or safety of health technology deployment and/or application in international regions.
- Actions of sharing program outcomes through oral and/or printed mediums.
- Facilitation to establish a sustainable program.
NOTE: This award is not limited to engineers; biomedical equipment technicians, engineers, physicians, computer software engineers, and government and non-profit employees may qualify.
Thanks to the generous support of ACCE, this award includes a check for $1,000 and a plaque, which will be presented at the AAMI Annual Conference & Expo in Long Beach, CA.
The AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award Winners
- 2017 – Adriana Velazquez Berumen
- 2016 – Roy Morris
- 2015 – Robyn W. Frick, CCE
- 2014 – Ismael Cordero
- 2013 – Edward P. Myers, Jr.
- 2012 – Billy Teninty, CBET
- 2011 – James Wear, PhD
- 2010 – Thomas Judd, MS, CCE
- 2010 – Brad Carrott
- 2009 – J. Tobey Clark, CCE
- 2008 – Yadin David, EdD, CCE, PE, HCSP
- 2007 – Louis W. Schonder, CBET
- 2006 – Robert Pagett
- 2005 – David Harrington
- 2004 – Alfred Jakniunas
- 2003 – George I. Johnston, CCE
- 2002 – Herman R. Weed, PE
- 2001 – Robert Morris, CCE, PE
2017 Award Recipient
Adriana Velazquez Berumen
Make your 2018 nomination using the online nomination form. The deadline for nominations is January 31, 2018.
For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.