AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award
This award—honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Active participation in meaningful worldwide healthcare technology related projects for at least three or more years.
- A leading role in planning or implementing healthcare technology, international outreach or educational programs.
- Volunteerism and altruistic components associated with these international projects.
- Outstanding qualities as a positive role model, and a passion and dedication whether through work-related humanitarian efforts or through “extra-curricular activities” as exemplified by Robert Morris.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- An impact on quality, accessibility, efficacy, and/or safety of health technology deployment and/or application in international regions.
- Actions of sharing program outcomes through oral and/or printed mediums.
- Facilitation to establish a sustainable program.
NOTE: This is not limited to engineers. Biomedical equipment technicians, engineers, physicians, computer software engineers, and government and non-profit employees may qualify.
Thanks to the generous support of ACCE, this award includes a check for $1,000 and a plaque.
The AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award Winners
- 2017 – Adriana Velazquez Berumen
- 2016 – Roy Morris
- 2015 – Robyn W. Frick, CCE
- 2014 – Ismael Codero
- 2013 – Edward P. Myers, Jr.
- 2012 – Billy Teninty, CBET
- 2011 – James Wear, PhD
- 2010 – Thomas Judd, MS, CCE
- 2010 – Brad Carrott
- 2009 – J. Tobey Clark, CCE
- 2008 – Yadin David, EdD, CCE, PE, HCSP
- 2007 – Louis W. Schonder, CBET
- 2006 – Robert Pagett
- 2005 – David Harrington
- 2004 – Alfred Jakniunas
- 2003 – George I. Johnston, CCE
- 2002 – Herman R. Weed, PE
- 2001 – Robert Morris, CCE, PE
2017 Award Recipient
Adriana Velazquez Berumen
The next deadline for nominations is February 8, 2018.
For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.