Each year the medical technology community recognizes leaders and innovators whose efforts have moved the industry forward. We need your help! Nominate yourself or leaders in the industry. Award winners will be awarded monetary prizes, a plaque commemorating their achievements, and will be celebrated by their peers at the 2019 AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
AAMI FOUNDATION AWARDS
- The AAMI Foundation's Laufman-Greatbatch Award – This is AAMI's most prestigious award. Named after two pioneers in the field—Harold Laufman, MD and Wilson Greatbatch, PhD—this highly regarded award honors an individual or group that has made a unique and significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety.
- The AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award – This award—honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
- The AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care Clinical Solution Award – This award honors a healthcare technology professional (individual or group) that has applied innovative clinical engineering practices or principles to solve one or more significant clinical patient care problems or challenges facing a patient population, community, or group.
- AAMI & Becton Dickinson's Patient Safety Award – This award recognizes outstanding achievements by healthcare professionals who have made a significant advancement toward the improvement of patient safety.
- AAMI’s HTM Leadership Award – This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
- AAMI & GE Healthcare's BMET of the Year Award – This award is given to a biomedical equipment technician (BMET) to recognize individual dedication, achievement, and excellence in the field of healthcare technology management.
- AAMI's Young Professional Award – This award is presented annually to a professional, under the age of 35, who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession.
- The Spirit of AAMI Award – This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
- AAMI's HTM Association of the Year Award – This award recognizes an AAMI HTM Association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings as well as a commitment to elevating the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession at the local level.
AAMI encourages corporations to consider sponsoring an award. For more information, contact awards at email@example.com.
- Standards Developer Award – Awarded for major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific standard.
- AAMI Technical Committee Award – Awarded to an AAMI technical committee to recognize outstanding committee efforts.
For more information, please contact contact awards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, awards are given for Best Article, Best Column or Commentary, and Best Research Paper published in AAMI’s peer-reviewed journal BI&T (Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology) or its supplement, Horizons. Learn more here.
Contact Joe Sheffer regarding BI&T Awards at +1 703-253-8293 or email email@example.com.