AAMI HTM Association of the Year Award
This award recognizes an AAMI healthcare technology management (HTM) association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings, as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM profession at the local level.
Candidate associations must demonstrate:
- One or more specific association activities that enhanced the HTM field on a local level (i.e. participation in a state-wide career fair or other forms of local outreach about the profession, creation of a scholarship program for a local HTM student)
- Proven commitment to the professional development of the association’s members via activities that provide advanced education, training, and networking opportunities
- Examples of association-wide commitment to the field through association officers writing articles for industry publications, participating in AAMI and other industry committees, and speaking at industry events
Candidate associations should demonstrate:
- Active Society/Association membership with AAMI
- Examples of leadership in promoting the profession to the C-suite, clinicians, and other professionals in the healthcare technology field
- A commitment to community service proven with examples of specific activities
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate society’s achievements.
The award includes a $1,500 check and a plaque to be presented at the 2018 Annual Conference & Expo in Long Beach, CA.
2018 Award Recipient
California Medical Instrumentation Association (CMIA)
This year’s winner, the CMIA, promotes the education and development of its more than 300 members through bimonthly local chapter meetings, workshops, training sessions, and the association’s annual conference and vendor fair. In 2017, CMIA’s nine local chapters hosted nearly 70 educational events, covering topics such as infection control, cybersecurity, alternative equipment management strategies, and networking. In addition to education and training, the CMIA provides its members with resources such as a leadership guide book and assistance in meeting standards, as well as gives back to its local community through scholarships and donations to organizations such as Toys for Tots.
All information for the next award must be received by January 31, 2019.