About the Field
- Biomedical Engineers – From the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Biomedical Technicians – From the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Clinical Engineers — Learn about clinical engineers through the American College of Clinical Engineering.
- HTM Career Videos — Videos from the field
- Radio interviews — HTM professionals provide firsthand information about the field.
Education and Development
- AAMI's Career Planning Handbook – Helps you identify your goals and chart your path to advancement.
- Core Competencies for the HTM Entry-Level Technician: A Guide for Curriculum Development in Academic Institutions – This publication provides academic institutions/schools that offer Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) programs with the following: (1) a standard set of competencies that graduates of Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) programs (certificate, diploma, or degree) are expected to possess upon program completion; and (2) recommended topics that a program curriculum should include in order for BMET students to learn and possess the core competencies identified in this guide.
- School Listings – View the programs available across the U.S.
- The Scholarship Program
- Snag 5 Top Health Care Jobs With an Associate Degree U.S. News & World Report June 2015
- The 5 Best Jobs You've Never Heard Of - Money Magazine January 2015
- AAMI’s Employment Survey - Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, May/June 2012
- AAMI Career Center - Job Postings, Resume Postings, Career Resources
- CNN Money: Best Jobs in America 2012: Biomedical Engineer
- CNN Money: Best Jobs in America 2012: Clinical Engineer
- FDA Science Careers and Scientific Professional Development
- U.S. News and World Report: Best Careers 2009: Biomedical Equipment Technician