Standards Developer Award
Awarded to up to five people annually for major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific AAMI standard or international (ISO or IEC) standard under development by an international committee or subcommittee administered by AAMI, or for ongoing contribution(s) or service towards notable advances in standards development. Chairs of the originating committee for a standard are invited to consider nominating any major contributors to the efforts for recognition by AAMI. A public call for nominations also will be issued. Staff nominations (if any) are considered at the discretion of the selection committee. Selection is by the AAMI Standards Board. Awardees receive a plaque that is presented at the AAMI Annual Meeting or other appropriate meeting.
Basis of Award
Any or all of the following types of service shall be considered as the basis for nominating an individual for the Standards Developer Award.
- Unusually productive service on AAMI-administered committee(s)1 over a substantial period of time.
- Marked leadership in technical or special activities at the program committee (AAMI Committee on Standards Strategy, AAMI Standards Board) or AAMI-administered technical committee, subcommittee, or working group level, including technical committee executive boards, chairmen advisory groups, etc.
- Outstanding contributions in the areas of research or testing, leading to new standards development.
- Symposium, other education or publication activities of special benefit to the work of a technical committee administered by AAMI.
- Any other outstanding service or activity that has greatly enhanced the prestige or standing, and advanced the interests of, a particular technical committee or AAMI as a whole.
1 AAMI-administered committee include AAMI technical committees and working groups as well as the committees and subcommittees
Nomination deadline: 31 January (Nominations received after that date will be considered for the following year’s awards. For example, a nomination received on 31 January 2018 will be considered for the 2018 awards; a nomination received on 1 February 2018 will be considered for the 2019 awards.)
Make your nomination online. For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.
|Standards Developer Awards|
|2017||Denny Treu||2011||Pat Baird|
|2017||Charles Hancock||2011||Carl Pantiskas|
|2017||Anita Sawyer||2011||Nathaniel Sims, MD|
|2017||Damien Berg||2011||Matthew B. Weinger, MS, MD|
|2017||Richard Schule||2010||Mike Scholla, PhD|
|2016||C. Phillip Cogdill||2010||David Osborn|
||Dr. John Hedley-Whyte||2009||Trabue D. Bryans|
||Dr. Byron Lambert||2009||Harry F. Bushar, PhD|
|2016||Harold (Hal) Yeager||2009||James Gibson|
||Mike Schmidt||2009||Veronica Ivans|
||Ramona Conner and Cynthia Spry||2008||Joyce Hansen|
|2015||Alan Tallentire||2008||Klaus Neuder, MD|
|2015||J. S. (Stan) Wiley||2008||Ed Kimmelman|
|2015||Ajit Yoganathan, PhD||2007||Lee Fischbach|
|2014||Richard Bancroft||2007||Ronald Easterling|
|2014||Eamon Hoxey, PhD||2007||Charles Sidebottom|
|2014||Ron Reitan||2007||James Whitby|
|2013||Philip Schneider||2007||James Whitby|
|2013||Richard Ward, PhD|
|2012||Barry F. J. Page|