AAMI's HTM Leadership Award
This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- An extensive record of leadership and accomplishment in the healthcare technology management field.
- Significant contributions to an important issue or issues facing the profession.
- Leadership in promoting the positive attributes of the profession—for example, improving patient outcomes, reducing costs, and improving the use and impact of technology.
- Leadership and a professional commitment to the field by writing articles for industry publications, participating in committees, and speaking at industry events.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership in promoting the profession to the C-Suite, clinicians, prospective students, and other professionals in the healthcare field.
- Evidence of HTM leadership and excellence at the workplace through, for example, contributions to management improvements; patient care; cost savings, or improvements in the use or impact of technology.
- Leadership in national, state, or local HTM organizations.
- Involvement in a standards development process (such as AAMI, NFPA, JCR standards) or an individual’s own organization.
- Substantial contributions to AAMI.
Nominators may submit evidence of additional types of activities relevant to this award and to the candidate’s achievements.
The award includes a plaque and a $2,500 check to be presented at the 2018 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo in Long Beach, CA.
AAMI's HTM Leadership Award Winners
- 2017 – Matthew Baretich, CCE, PhD, PE
- 2016 – Stephen Grimes, FACCHE, FHIMSS, FAIMBE
- 2015 – Izabella Gieras, MS, MBA, CCE
- 2014 – Patrick K. Lynch
- 2013 – Karen Waninger, MBA, CBET
- 2012 – Arif Subhan, MS, CCE
- 2011 – Frank Painter, MS, CCE, FACCE
- 2010 – Binseng Wang, ScD, CCE, FAIMBE, FACCE
- 2009 – Carol Davis-Smith, CCE
- 2008 – Ken Maddock, BSEET
- 2007 – Larry Hertzler, CCE
- 2006 – Alan Lipschultz, CCE
- 2005 – Joseph F. Dyro, PhD, CCE
- 2004 – Ted Cohen, CCE
- 2003 – Eric Rosow
- 2002 – J. Tobey Clark, CCE
- 2001 – Malcolm G. Ridgway, PhD, CCE
- 2000 – Robert H. Stiefel, CCE
- 1998 – William Betts, CCE
- 1996 – Gailord Gordon, CCE
- 1995 – Michael Van Lysle
- 1994 – Larry Fennigkoh, CCE
- 1993 – James P. Keller
- 1992 – Alfred M. Dolan, CCE
- 1991 – Dwayne R. Westenskow, PhD
- 1990 – Emanuel Furst, PhD
- 1985 – Thomas J. Bauld, III
- 1984 – Jonathan Newell, PhD
- 1983 – Thomas S. Hargest, CCE
- 1980 – David J. Lubin, CCE
2017 Award Recipient
Matthew Baretich, CCE, PhD, PE
The next deadline for nominations is February 8, 2018.
For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.