December 4, 2018
Amber Logan, email@example.com 703-253-8262
AAMI Seeks Board, Nominating Committee Candidates
AAMI is seeking nominees for six director and vice-chair positions on the AAMI Board of Directors and three positions on the Board’s Nominating Committee. Individuals selected for Board posts attend two in-person meetings and two conference calls each year during their three-year term.
“Most Board members have served on AAMI committees and have contributed greatly with their time and personal resources,” said Steve Campbell, AAMI’s chief operating officer. “Committee participation not only shows a commitment to the organization—it also provides an opportunity to witness the effective leadership skills needed to serve on the AAMI Board.”
Other criteria used to identify AAMI leaders include:
- Credibility. All Board members are well known and respected in their professional communities.
- Leadership. Board members have strong leadership skills that have been demonstrated during substantial AAMI service and contributions.
- Interest. All Board members share a desire to advance healthcare technology.
- Experience. Selected individuals have served as leaders for other association boards or committees.
Board members also display attributes including:
- Strong decision-making skills
- A "big picture" perspective
To apply: Submit a recent curriculum vitae, a statement of interest, and a completed leadership form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Steve Campbell, 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203 by Dec. 28.
The AAMI Nominating Committee will meet in late January to review nominations.
AAMI (www.aami.org) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967. It is a diverse community of approximately 7,000 healthcare technology professionals united by one important mission—supporting the healthcare community in the development, management, and use of safe and effective healthcare technology.