Horizons Call for Papers—Fall 2017
Cybersecurity in Healthcare Technology
Malware, ransomware, cyberattacks, and the threat of data breaches represent an increasing threat to patient data and safety. In the last decade, the production of malware alone has soared from 1 million pieces produced each year to now more than 1 million every day.
AAMI will devote the fall 2017 edition of its award-winning journal supplement to the topic of healthcare technology cybersecurity. Manuscript areas of focus can include, but are not limited to:
Submission categories include the following:
- Research articles based on scientific method or scholarly investigation
- Systematic reviews reflecting critical research on clinical alarm issues
- Case studies describing valuable experiences or practice innovations
- Tools-based papers detailing emerging methods, measures, and instruments
- Commentaries expressing informed opinions about events, trends, and/or developments
The contents of Horizons are indexed and searchable on various healthcare and scientific databases, including PubMed.
- Please email the editor, Gavin Stern email@example.com, with your initial manuscript submission of 3,000 words or less by July 15, 2017.
- Interested authors should consult the guidelines at www.aami.org/publications/AuthorGuidelines.pdf.
- Please note our vendor policy: Overly commercial or promotional articles will not be pursued.
Manuscripts will then undergo peer review to determine whether they will be accepted for publication. (Individuals interested in serving as peer reviewers for this issue of Horizons are encouraged to contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.)