AAMI News June 2018, Volume 53, Issue 6
On June 1, Long Beach, CA, becomes the center of the healthcare technology universe as thousands of members of the healthcare technology management (HTM) field and the wider community gather for the AAMI 2018 Conference & Expo.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published an action plan in mid-April that outlines how it will improve the safety of medical devices.
This new guide speaks to the unique dynamic of healthcare cybersecurity and the role that HTM professionals can—and should—play.
Intellectual property (IP) is the core of any business, whether you are manufacturing medical devices or developing standards.
- News in Brief
- Accreditor DNV GL Healthcare Puts Focus on Communication
- AAMI 2018 App Puts Conference ‘at Your Fingertips’
- AAMI Honors Healthcare Technology’s ‘Best and Brightest’
- Four Honorees Set the Standard in Standards Development
- Best of BI&T Awards Recognize Journal Authors
- Preventing Battery Fires to Be Focus of Conference Presentation
- Scholarships Give Students' Aspirations a Boost
- Friends, Family Mourn Loss of ‘True Role Model’
- Tech World: Call for HTM All-Stars Triggers Outpouring of Emails
- Career Center: Professional References Help HTM Professionals Stand Out from the Crowd
- One on One with Steve Peth
- The Big Picture: USA Science & Engineering Festival
- AAMI All-Star: Maggie Berkey
- Standards Spotlight: Danger, Will Robinson! Standards Developers Work to Enhance the Safety of Medical Robots
- Advertisers in this Issue