AAMI News February 2017, Volume 52, Issue 2
As The Joint Commission moves toward a pass/fail system, it has adopted a much more aggressive,'see it—cite it', position.
With healthcare already facing at least one attack per month, it is only a matter of time before medical devices and hospital IT networks are crippled.
AAMI, along with BSI and the FDA, is hosting a symposium to help clarify recent and upcoming developments in international standards and regulations.
The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) is letting medical device manufacturers know what its guidance priorities will be during the current fiscal year.
- News in Brief
- Industry & Innovation
- Foundation to Tackle Purchase, Use of Complex Technology
- Task Force Launches Competency Project for Device Service
- Life Lessons Spur Teacher's Focus on Human Factors
- Education Program for AAMI 2017 Conference Unveiled
- 'Going for Gold' to Support Healthcare Technology Students
- Tech World: A Clinical Engineer's Approach to CMS Compliance
- The Big Picture: Blast Off!
- The 50th: Pioneer Recalls the Start of In-House Clinical Engineering
- AAMI Foundation to Award Its First Health Systems Scholarship
- Ten Tips for Career Success
- On on One: Matthew A. Clark
- Volunteer Spotlight: Nancy Chobin
- Members on the Move
- What's in a Name: A Lot of Confusion in Healthcare Technology
- Advertisers in this Issue