AAMI News November 2017, Volume 52, Issue 11
40 experts representing sterile processing professionals, device manufacturers, testing labs, regulators, and others, participated in a meeting in September at AAMI’s headquarters.
Steve Vanderzee is the system director for clinical engineering at Advocate Health Care in Downers Grove, IL. He wrote this article in memory of Donna Currie, Advocate’s system director for infection control, who recently died as a result of a debilitating kidney disease.
Nine technology and device companies, including several well-known names, have been selected to participate in a Food and Drug Administration pilot program intended to fast-track health software.
A sterile processing department (SPD) is all that stands between patients and dirty medical instruments during a procedure.
- AAMI Launches New Industrial Sterilization Certification Program
- News in Brief
- New Resource Takes Mystery Out of Developing an AEM Program
- Popular Accreditation Survey Resource Undergoes Major Update
- AAMI Buyers Guide
- An Integrated Nine-Step Approach to Managing Clinical Technology Risks
- Tech World: How to Meet CMS and TJC Power Strip Requirements
- The Big Picture: Chuck Sidebottom
- Retired Sterile Processing Manager Calls for More Recognition in the Field
- Career Center: Professional Success Starts with Knowing Your Value
- ONE on ONE: Jo M. Wood
- AAMI All Star: Julio Huerta
- Members on the Move
- Standards Spotlight: New Standard Brings Quality Systems into Sterile Processing
- Advertisers in this Issue