Battery Management and Medical Devices
This 60-minute instructional video provides information essential to the understanding of medical device batteries and the development of a battery management plan, and includes practical guidance on:
- Questions healthcare delivery and medical industry executives should ask
- Safety issues and potential outcomes
- Battery fundamentals for three main types of rechargeable batteries—lead-acid, lithium-ion, and nickel-metal-hydride—and their common applications
- Proper selection, use, storage, transportation, and disposal of batteries
- Procurement and purchasing
- Testing and preventive maintenance
Script written by Martha Vockley. Filmed at the A. Alfred Taubman Health Care Center of the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, MI. Special thanks to David E. Marlow, CBET, for his help in the development and filming of this video.
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be a helpful information resource, and reflects the advice of individual subject matter experts. It is not to be construed as an interpretation of AAMI standards, nor does it constitute legal or regulatory advice.
Published: June 2016
|Product Code||Format||List Price||Member Price|