HTM Professionals Hit the Airwaves to Promote the Field
Posted June 17, 2015
Five members of AAMI’s Technology Management Council (TMC) recently participated in radio interviews in markets around the country to help raise awareness for the healthcare technology management (HTM) field. Audio clips of those interviews are now available. The interviews were held to coincide with last month’s HTM Week.
Promoting the HTM field is one of the primary missions of the TMC.
“These radio interviews added another dimension to this year’s HTM Week celebration,” said Patrick Bernat, AAMI’s director of healthcare technology management. “HTM Week is all about finding new and fun ways to draw attention to the amazing work of BMETs, clinical engineers, and others who use their expertise to ensure that healthcare technologies are safe, effective, and ready for clinical use. These volunteers from the TMC did an outstanding job with the radio interviews. And they all really enjoyed the experience.”
TMC members who participated in the radio interviews include: Dave Francoeur, Crothall Healthcare; Heidi Horn, SSM Health Care; Steve Yelton, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College; Don Armstrong, GE; and Elizabeth Smith, Aramark Healthcare Technologies.
The audio clips are available below:
Tuesday, May 19
- Steve Yelton on WHIP-AM in Charlotte, NC. Listen here.
- Steve Yelton on WCCI-FM in Quad Cities, IL/IA. Listen here.
- Elizabeth Smith on WCSM-AM in Dayton, OH. Listen here.
- Don Armstrong on WDUK-AM in Havana, IL. Listen here.
Thursday, May 21
- Heidi Horn on WHIP-AM in Charlotte, NC. Listen here.
- Dave Francoeur on WCCI-FM in Quad Cities, IL/IA. Listen here.
- Dave Francoeur on WCSM-AM in Dayton, OH. Listen here.
- Dave Francoeur on WCSR-AM in Flint, MI. Listen here.
Thursday, May 28
- Heidi Horn on WCSR-AM in Flint, MI. Listen here.