At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
July 18, 2017 – Robert Sayle: What Does Cybersecurity Need? Supplicants
Mornin', biomed! It's Bob in IT. I was just on my way to a meeting next door, and I thought I'd drop by to say hello. I wanted to follow-up with you about my request to have you start collecting MAC addresses as part of your staging process. Here's the thing: MAC addresses are what […]
July 10, 2017 – Donald Armstrong: Network, Network, Network!!!
You may think I am talking about your hospital's IT network, but you would be incorrect. At the recent AAMI conference (my favorite one, so far), there were many presentations and discussions about networks and networks security, but the best moments at the conference involved another kind of network: the networking I did with my […]
July 6, 2017 – William Hyman: Can the FDA Solve the Service Manual Problem?
The latest addition to the long-running battle over adequate access to service manuals for medical devices is The Joint Commission's (TJC) announcement, via George Mills, at the recent AAMI Annual Conference that starting in January there will be a new element of performance, EC.01.01.01, EP 3, which states: "The organization has a library of information […]