At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- AAMI podcasts explore today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
January 27, 2017 – Sue Schade: Yes We Can, Women in HTM
I recently wrote a post aimed at women working in health IT and presented a HIMSS webinar about attracting the future leaders in STEM. In preparing for the webinar, I tapped the women who have received the CHIME-HIMSS CIO of the Year Award over the years. This includes the most recent recipient, Pam Arora, senior […]
January 23, 2017 – Matt Baretich: Seize the Day with New TJC Requirements
By now, nearly everyone in the HTM community is aware of the substantial and unexpected changes in Joint Commission requirements for on-schedule completion of scheduled maintenance. I won't go into the details here because recent webinars from AAMI and ECRI Institute, and one forthcoming from ACCE, are spreading the word. The gist is that we […]
January 10, 2017 – Donald Armstrong: In 2017, Let’s Blow Our Horns All Year Long
I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but I have had something on my mind for 2017. As biomeds or healthcare technology management (HTM) professionals, we do not get the credit we deserve. I don't want that to come across in a sour grapes sort of way. I'm simply pointing out a truth. When […]