At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- AAMI podcasts explore today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
March 27, 2017 – Gregory Herr: HTM Must Rethink Its Role to Thrive in Modern Healthcare
As the term "healthcare technology management (HTM)" becomes more prevalent, those of us who work in this field are still challenged with what this name really means. How does one implement the goals of HTM? What are the new opportunities? Embracing HTM as a name should be the first step in a broader goal of […]
March 6, 2017 – Donald Armstrong: The Lessons We Can Learn from New Employees
I was working in my shop with a new employee and one of my favorite songs came on Pandora. My colleague declared, "I hate this song." I was stunned! How could anyone hate Hotel California? I have loved this song for 40 years. How, I wondered, could we have anything in common if we have […]
January 27, 2017 – Sue Schade: Yes We Can, Women in HTM
I recently wrote a post aimed at women working in health IT and presented a HIMSS webinar about attracting the future leaders in STEM. In preparing for the webinar, I tapped the women who have received the CHIME-HIMSS CIO of the Year Award over the years. This includes the most recent recipient, Pam Arora, senior […]