At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- AAMI podcasts explore today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
April 18, 2017 – Samantha Jacques: Clinical Engineering Has Crucial Role in Facilities Projects
For the past few years, AAMI, ACCE, HIMMS, and others have been working to bridge the gap between the clinical or biomedical engineering (or healthcare technology management) department and the information technology (IT) department within a hospital or hospital system. We continue to learn how valuable a relationship is between CE and IT and how […]
April 13, 2017 – Jennifer DeFrancesco: Are We Missing the Big Picture with Big Data?
Healthcare technology management (HTM) prides itself on being driven by â€œbig data.â€ We have more metrics and ways at making evidence-based decisions than most within the healthcare industry.Â Now that we are well into the era of big data, the struggle has been making it relevant. Sure, as HTM, we have settled nicely into our […]
April 11, 2017 – Barbara Christe: Educators, Is this ‘Survivor’? HELP Us!
A recent article suggested that HTM-related education may be a "dying breed," and I couldn't agree more. That scares me! With programs closing around me and educators retiring, I know that our profession is in trouble...and I know our profession can do things to help. Picture driftwood on the beach, carefully laid out by educators, […]