At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
October 16, 2017 – Kenneth Maddock: The Biggest Opportunity for HTM Professionals Today
â€œWhat is the biggest opportunity for healthcare technology management professionals today?â€ If you arenâ€™t wondering, you should be. I believe that we are at a critical juncture in our fieldâ€™s development, and understanding where we are going and what opportunities exist should be important to everyone in the field, whether you ask me, someone else, […]
October 10, 2017 – Rob Jensen: Taking a Side in the Debate over Medical Device Service
This year, weâ€™ve seen an even hotter-than-usual debate about the servicing of medical devices and healthcare technology, thanks in part to calls for new standards, a congressional mandate for an FDA report on the subject, and renewed interest in making data-based decisions. The discussion can get particularly heated when we talk about third-party service providers […]
October 9, 2017 – Rebecca Arthur: The Importance of Downtime Strategies for HTM-Supported Clinical Information Systems
I meet with my team every Monday to review issues that occurred over the weekend, repeat service calls for various systems, and any upcoming downtime that we need to notify users about. Our downtime strategy has developed over the last few years from a “let’s at least do it once a year” to a monthly, […]