At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- AAMI podcasts explore today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
May 24, 2017 – Donald Armstrong: HTM Week Is a Grand Time to Celebrate the Biomed Life
Having breakfast with colleagues, we greeted each other by saying, "Happy Biomed Week." We have a party this week, so the greeting that particular day might turn into, "Happy Biomed Day." One of my smart and funny co-workers said it should be "Biomed Life" because we live it every day. What a great point. We […]
May 17, 2017 – Steve Yelton: You're an HTM Educator (Even if You Don't Know It)
For years, AAMI has been a leader in supporting healthcare technology management (HTM) professionals in many ways. It has worked very hard in trying to enhance biomedical training programs. One goal has been to help create strong relationships between HTM departments in hospitals, third-party organizations, and colleges. You may be asking: "What can I do […]
May 9, 2017 – William Hyman: Today's Challenge? Keeping Track of Bills about Medical Device Regulation
The regulation of medical devices by the FDA remains a hot topic for makers of medical devices and HTM professionals, whether they are employed by hospitals, manufacturers, or third-party entities. There are at least seven ways that the regulation of medical devices could fundamentally change. Three of these are legislative in which a bill is […]