At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
August 11, 2017 – Larry Fennigkoh: It's Past Time for HTM to Turn Data into Knowledge
How do you scientifically determine the effect of something on something else? The answer (in whatever form it may take and regardless of the branch of science from which it originates) may often be answered through use of a well-established statistical technique referred to as regression analysis. It is through the application and appropriate use […]
August 9, 2017 – Alan Lipschultz: Are You Ready? Two Big Changes on the Horizon for HTM
Two standards in development will, if approved, significantly impact the healthcare technology management (HTM) field. If they aren’t already on your organization’s radar, they should be. The first one involves a push by medical device manufacturers to get hospital-based and nonâ€“manufacturer-based service organizations to follow some of the quality systems requirements that manufacturers currently follow. […]
August 8, 2017 – William Hyman: Reauthorization Bill Calls for FDA Report on Medical Device Service
The FDA Reauthorization Act of 2017 completed its passage through Congress on Aug. 3, and the bill will become law once signed by President Trump. Although a major focus of this legislation is FDA user fees that are paid by manufacturers, it also addresses a number of other topics, including a favorite of everyone involved […]